Alamo trying to get me with a damage claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 25, 2018
Well this is the letter I wrote ,I sent it to the damage recovery unit is there any else I should send a letter to?
Dear Alamo

On September 14,2018 day at 11:21 am I returned a car a very nice and polite company representative named Pedro and a new lady I think her name was Talina (not sure if my spelling of her name is close) checked the vehicle in. Pedro walked around the the car twice showing this new employee the process of checking in returned cars. walked around the vehicle and thoroughly inspected it stated everything was fine with the vehicle. He then completed the check in and and wished me a pleasant day and said everything looked great,as he sent me on my way. If there was any damage on the vehicle when I returned it she surely would have found it because they inspected it for damage. They did not find any damage because there was no damage to the vehicle.
If they had found damage I am guessing that she surely would have alerted me to the damage and filled out some sort of a damage report and had me sign it.

Therefore at this time I am asking you to drop this claim

Thank you for you time
Andy Finlayson

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Well this is the letter I wrote ,I sent it to the damage recovery unit is there any else I should send a letter to?
Dear Alamo

On September 14,2018 day at 11:21 am I returned a car a very nice and polite company representative named Pedro and a new lady I think her name was Talina (not sure if my spelling of her name is close) checked the vehicle in. Pedro walked around the the car twice showing this new employee the process of checking in returned cars. walked around the vehicle and thoroughly inspected it stated everything was fine with the vehicle. He then completed the check in and and wished me a pleasant day and said everything looked great,as he sent me on my way. If there was any damage on the vehicle when I returned it she surely would have found it because they inspected it for damage. They did not find any damage because there was no damage to the vehicle.
If they had found damage I am guessing that she surely would have alerted me to the damage and filled out some sort of a damage report and had me sign it.

Thank you for you time
Andy Finlayson
There is not enough information in the letter for anyone to assess your case.
Where was your rental? How long was the rental? What is the claim of damage? Do you have a copy of the check-in form indicating no damage? Do have a copy of your final invoice with a contract number on it? Who has sent you a claim? Do you have paperwork/email about the claim of damages and $$$ assessment?

Sep 25, 2018
OK a new letter I called the dru and they had no info on cost of repair just said a dent on front fender so I sent an email to customer service do i call customer service also?
what is my next step?

Dear Alamo

On September 14,2018 day at 11:21 am at the west palm beach ,florida location I returned a car a very nice and polite company representative named Pedro and a new lady I think her name was Talina (not sure if my spelling of her name is close) checked the vehicle in. Pedro walked around the the car twice showing this new employee the process of checking in returned cars. walked around the vehicle and thoroughly inspected it stated everything was fine with the vehicle. He then completed the check in and I asked him if I was good to go and he said yes everything is good and wished me a great day and said everything looked great,as he sent me on my way. If there was any damage on the vehicle when I returned it he surely would have found it because they inspected it for damage. They did not find any damage because there was no damage to the vehicle.

Car rental date September 6, 2018 to September14,2018
Rental agreement 754833275

Claim #13344447

Thank you for you time,
Andy Finlayson

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
OK a new letter I called the dru and they had no info on cost of repair just said a dent on front fender so I sent an email to customer service do i call customer service also?
what is my next step?

Dear Alamo

On September 14,2018 day at 11:21 am at the west palm beach ,florida location I returned a car a very nice and polite company representative named Pedro and a new lady I think her name was Talina (not sure if my spelling of her name is close) checked the vehicle in. Pedro walked around the the car twice showing this new employee the process of checking in returned cars. walked around the vehicle and thoroughly inspected it stated everything was fine with the vehicle. He then completed the check in and I asked him if I was good to go and he said yes everything is good and wished me a great day and said everything looked great,as he sent me on my way. If there was any damage on the vehicle when I returned it he surely would have found it because they inspected it for damage. They did not find any damage because there was no damage to the vehicle.

Car rental date September 6, 2018 to September14,2018
Rental agreement 754833275

Claim #13344447

Thank you for you time,
Andy Finlayson

There appear to be more than one W Palm Beach Alamo rental locations. You need to specify which location is the correct one.

Sep 25, 2018
Well I got a bill and some pics of the front fender bumper and headlight damaged and the charge of 375.00 wrote another letter to customer care and they referred me to DRU so I sent a letter yesterday to the 1st executive on list and less than 24 hours got 2 phone calls saying they found me to be not at fault and closed claim.
A special thanks to this forum and the members help...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Get it in writing!

You just need to be persistent. Why it takes going to a CEO to get someone to see that they cannot prove their case to make you pay for damages is beyond me.

Glad it worked- almost every case does.