Alamo damage claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 26, 2018
Hello everyone.

My name is Gustavo and I am from Argentina. On December 2017 I rented a car with Alamo for 2 days. I rented de car in Orlando International Airport, travel to Miami and returned in Miami International Airport with NO accidents at all.

Now I received and email from Alamo claiming I damaged the car and that I need to pay 2200$ (almost twice what I earn in a month!). They showing pictures of a car without a passenger side mirror.

Sadly I didn't take pictures of the car at pick-up/return. I didn't know about this scheme.

I don't feel confident enough to write to them in English. Would anyone help me with the claim? I could use a sample letter or some directions.

Thank you very much.
Gustavo.

Feb 2, 2018
I rent from Alamo frequently when traveling and over the years have had this happen twice. In each case, I sent them a copy of my receipt given when I dropped off the car,because they are responsible for noting damage at that time (just as they inspect the car before you take it out). In one of these instances it looks like the employee putting the car away was driving too fast and really screwed up the side of the front bumper, which was quite noticeable with just a glance at the car; in another instance it was the driver's mirror that was smashed, again something very noticeable at a glance. In both cases Alamo dropped the claim as the damages were not noted at the time i returned the car.