Alamo “damage”

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 14, 2020
Finally happened to me...Sanford Fl airport Alamo. I rent cars several times a year overseas and always get the video before hand and note all the issues....but haven’t done that in the States (dummy me) so last week we went to Disney the guy does the paperwork never goes out to the van just says pick one they are ready to go....so I did and we were in a hurry to get on the road to check in....car basically stayed parked until we returned with no incidents and we pull up the guy walks around the car and says ok your good...3 days later I get the d’ange unit letter with not explanation of the damage they just want my insurance info. I sent an email back to the damage unit saying I was refuting the claim and asked for their proof and for an estimate. Crazy crazy world these days....what should my next steps be? Thanks and at what point am I completely screwd seeing I do not have video on my part.

Jan 14, 2020
Jan 14, 2020
Alamo sent me another email today stating the damage reported was a missing knob from a radio. Wow really...still going to defend it because it was missing when I got it(I just didn’t think much of it other than it was odd to be missing a knob) Hopefully they will not try to claim an entire radio replacement or something crazy...but still can’t believe they will try to file with my insurance for a radio knob.