Airline Ticket missing letter in last name

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 27, 2019
I have a reward ticket on SAS from Washington Dulles to Copenhagen where I change to Thai - Copenhagen to Bangkok and then Bangkok to Hanoi. I noticed today my last name is missing an "o" in the spelling of Gregory. I fly on March 1! I called Air Canada - i used my Aeromiles and they said they could do nothing except cancel and rebook. the business class I have booked is not available. I called the airlines directly and they said the same thing or I could chance it. I have read some forums that minor misspellings like this are often not reason to prevent from flying. Is it worth the risk or should I suck it up and fly coach?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I would accept a coach ticket. Otherwise, you run the risk of being denied boarding on your first flight, or even worse, denied boarding on subsequent flights in either leg of your trip. Your last name does not match your passport and they can certainly deny you boarding. If you are willing to risk denied boarding show up very early and take your chances.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2015
Wow this is a tough one. I would be more concerned about the Thai flights — they seem fairly strict and have a no correction policy.

Sep 19, 2015
The schedules could still be in a state of flux.
Flights are taking a little longer because of the reroute. But the problem for the OP is that they seem to want to travel and the concern is over the missing letter. If the OP does not want to travel the longer flight time may make for a reason to cancel as there is another connection -- but then the trip is off.