Airbnb

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 5, 2019
Hi, I am looking at booking a vacation condo in Florida through Airbnb, I found the perfect place on the website, but to book it it is through the owner of the actual property who is a company called SobeDeluxe, I am just wondering if they are legit as I have never booked a trip this way before, any advice would be great! Thanks!

Kelly

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We don’t have any way to be able to tell you if they are legitimate or not, nor can we make any recommendations. But here are a couple of hints to try to determine this yourself.

1. Do a Google search for “Complaints about xxxxx”(whatever the name of the company is)
2. Go to the BBB and Consumer Affairs office where the business is located and see if you can find any complaints about the company. This may entail having to drill down on the companies website to see if they are owned or do business in another business name.
3. Go to Tripadvisor and search for reviews of the company. If you find reviews you actually need to read them bedure just looking at the rating. Competitors can post negative reviews never having used them and company employees can post positive review to plump up numbers. Read a risk reviews to see if they seem contrived or legitimate.

Good luck.

Dec 19, 2014
Hi, I am looking at booking a vacation condo in Florida through Airbnb, I found the perfect place on the website, but to book it it is through the owner of the actual property who is a company called SobeDeluxe, I am just wondering if they are legit as I have never booked a trip this way before, any advice would be great! Thanks!

Kelly
Do not wire money. Pay by credit card (even if there is a fee assessed)
I would also be very wary of an airbnb listing that requires you to book on another platform that is not the airbnb platform
Reviews can be faked. Photos can be deceiving. If the property is being offered way below fair market value, it is also another red flag sign

I will repeat... complete all transactions via the airBnB portal.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
As my colleagues have said, NEVER go outside of AIRBNB to rent. The only coverage you have if there is an issue once you arrive is through AirBnB and they do not cover you at all if you paid the renter directly.

Please review the AirBnB complaints we have here. Many are because people paid the landlords directly.