Airbnb/services not rendered will not refund giftcard

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 19, 2018
purchased 3 gift cards for Airbnb totaling $1025 and they were added to the account as credit to be used. The gift card balance has not been used and the account was deactivated June 5,2018 nor can the credit be transferred. I have contacted airbnb, blackhawk their gift card distributor, and kroger the store where the gift cards were purchased. Blackhawk contacted airbnb regarding the dispute of the unused gift cards and they have yet to respond even though everything is clear in black and white. They originally stated they do not handle refunds which is false because their distributor has to have contact with airbnb in order to sell their cards. I need my $1025.00 back I have the receipts and physical cards, emails, and Twitter messages and it keeps being stated that the issue has been escalated. There is nothing that needs to be escalated when you are withholding someone else's funds that cannot be used on your site since you decided to deactivate the account. Airbnb cannot have a gift card credit on an account where services were not rendered as you are still doing at this very moment. It is a very simple fix that should have been completed the week of June 5,2018 and it is now 2 weeks later. Also any response within Airbnb has been closed. I have all of the messages from airbnb on twitter claiming the case has been marked as urgent. Blackhawk gift card Case #xxxxx
Airbnb cancelled reservation # xxxxxxx

Note: Edited by moderator to remove identifying information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Just to clarify- you actually had a reservation on Airbnb that you had applied the gift cards to and they canceled it and closed your account?

I’m a little confused because you had a reservation number that was canceled.

We have company contacts for Airbnb. Read the information in our Company Contacts Page and start your writing campaign to them. You should escalate it one by one to the Executives we show.

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/airbnb/

Jun 19, 2018
Hi yes I had booked a room which Airbnb cancelled. 3 gift cards had been added to the account totaling $1025.00 they sent their standard email regarding how they do have the option to deactivate accounts according to their "terms" I replied to the email that they sent claiming as contact and they did not respond about the $1025.00 credit remaining on the account. I did send an email to the first individual listed as this is not something that should take weeks to resolve as everything is clear in black and white there weren't services rendered but yet there are funds sitting on a deactivated account that cannot be used.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Jane, give the Customer Service Contact a week to reply, then move up one by one if you don't hear from them. You need to leave a week in between each letter as our company contacts state. If you don't hear anything all the way through the entire executive chain - let us know.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Jane, I would suggest a cover letter with a list of the specific facts. These cases need precise details of what happened. If the reader of your email doesn't understand it, it will get set aside or deleted. It's often helpful to have someone unfamiliar with your problem read your list and "tell you what it says" so you can make any changes to make your email perfectly clear.