AirBnb Long term rental

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 16, 2018
I found a site called bedbugreports.com

The three hotels I booked recently have no reports at the moment. This is all very unsettling

May 16, 2018
It is so rare to find bedbugs you are worrying about something you may never encounter. I travel nearly monthly and have never been in a hotel with bedbugs.
I appreciate your saying that. It is not something I've considered before, and would love to not think about it now.

May 16, 2018
Well, one of the hotels I chose had a report of bed bugs in March of last year. I hope they have since gotten rid of them.

It is in NYC, where it seems the bed bugs don't discriminate between the expensive and cheap hotels.

Sep 19, 2015
Jane4321 I am admittedly paranoid.
Well, one of the hotels I chose had a report of bed bugs in March of last year. I hope they have since gotten rid of them.

It is in NYC, where it seems the bed bugs don't discriminate between the expensive and cheap hotels.
I live in NYC.

There are now mandatory bedbug reports in rental buildings.

What hotel was it?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
By all means, take precautions against whatever worries you. A frequent traveller does that, and doesn't worry about all the other things. If you stop and think about how many people have laid their head on your pillow, sat themselves in the desk chair, cut their toenails in your bathroom ... you'd never travel at all. "Keep Calm and Carry On" has relevance to more than a horse show.

May 16, 2018
By all means, take precautions against whatever worries you. A frequent traveller does that, and doesn't worry about all the other things. If you stop and think about how many people have laid their head on your pillow, sat themselves in the desk chair, cut their toenails in your bathroom ... you'd never travel at all. "Keep Calm and Carry On" has relevance to more than a horse show.
Well I would have to agree. There is a part of me that wishes I had never read this thread. I would never have checked and so wouldn't have found out. If a hotel has no reports I don't think I'll be thinking about it, but if a hotel has a report within the year, I admit it doesn't inspire confidence.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree but just realize that there is no guarantee the reports on that website are valid. I don’t see any proof that someone actually stated at the hotel. The reports could be from a disgruntled employee or guest.

Feb 3, 2017
And, it can be travelers unknowingly bringing bedbugs in - from having picked up them without knowing in another hotel, etc -

If reading reviews, the ones posted for a property on www.booking.com are confirmed to be by people who did stay at the property which they are reviewing. TripAdvisor, for example, doesn't confirm reviewers were actual guests (it's just too gigantic for them to confirm all reviews posted there even if they were so inclined) I don't know of any other such website that does as booking.com - maybe some others do the same.

Sep 1, 2018
One of my daughter's worked at the front desk at a higher end Disney hotel. She said bedbugs were brought into the rooms way more often by the traveler themselves than left behind by someone else.