AIRBNB - DID NOT PAY ME FOR A CANCELLED RESERVATION

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2019
I have been dealing with Airbnb since January 2017. I had a rental for the month of January 2017. The arrival date was 12/30/16 and they canceled their reservation on 12/30/2016 which was the date of arrival and they cancelled at the time of arrival when I was waiting for them to arrive.
I have a strict cancellation policy which states If the guest cancels within 30 days of the check-in date, then the first month of the reservation is paid to the host. It was a 31 night rental. Airbnb issued the refund to the renter.
The total of the rental was $1,940 and the renter was refunded and I received $200 which Airbnb claimed was for two nights compensation and that is all I will receive.
Airbnb claimed the renter had a medical emergency and I have requested proof of that, it was verbal. I was never contacted by airbnb to ask me what happened. They made their decision without informing me. They also claimed I agreed to the refund to the renter. I have a strict cancellation policy and had not agreed. Once again, no evidence in writing that I agreed.
I have called and emailed customer service numerous times to no avail.

Feb 8, 2019
Thank you Neil, I have been contacting all the executives by emails and by phone and they go to customer service who I then contact by phone or emails and I just get a standard response and no assistance.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you have all your emails showing you wrote to every executive per our instructions in the thread about resolving complaints and developing a paper trail then you need to go to our help page and file a new complaint saying you have followed all the steps and haven't received a response. The writers will ask for all your correspondence and see if they can help.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have been dealing with Airbnb since January 2017. I had a rental for the month of January 2017. The arrival date was 12/30/16 and they canceled their reservation on 12/30/2016 which was the date of arrival and they cancelled at the time of arrival when I was waiting for them to arrive.
I have a strict cancellation policy which states If the guest cancels within 30 days of the check-in date, then the first month of the reservation is paid to the host. It was a 31 night rental. Airbnb issued the refund to the renter.
The total of the rental was $1,940 and the renter was refunded and I received $200 which Airbnb claimed was for two nights compensation and that is all I will receive.
Airbnb claimed the renter had a medical emergency and I have requested proof of that, it was verbal. I was never contacted by airbnb to ask me what happened. They made their decision without informing me. They also claimed I agreed to the refund to the renter. I have a strict cancellation policy and had not agreed. Once again, no evidence in writing that I agreed.
I have called and emailed customer service numerous times to no avail.
This sounds like a very odd situation. What is your agreement with AB&B on a cancellation by the renter? What exactly does it say? That will determine how this cancellation should be handled and what you are entitled to.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
In reviewing the rules we have, this is a business to business dispute and we don’t advocate business to business issues so our writers won’t be able to assist you.

The only thing we can offer is using our company contacts to write.

These are our FAQS that tell you what we do and don’t advocate.

Do you mediate business-to-business disputes?

No.

https://www.elliott.org/frequently-asked-questions/

Since we can’t advocate because this is a business to business dispute, I’m going to close this thread. If writing doesn’t work you may need to retain an attorney or sue in small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.