Air Italy - Non Refundable Tickets

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 11, 2019
Booked 3 Roundtrip tix through Skyscanner.net and it’s partner Air Italy from San Diego to Milan. Attempted to cancel two of the tix a week prior to departure, but no luck through Air Italy after two emails to their help desk marked Urgent.
Capital One refunded the difference and will take it from here. Still, Air Italy could’ve sold those tix for a lot more than the $779 I paid. ‍♂️ Seems like it shouldn’t be this difficult.

Sep 19, 2015
Booked 3 Roundtrip tix through Skyscanner.net and it’s partner Air Italy from San Diego to Milan. Attempted to cancel two of the tix a week prior to departure, but no luck through Air Italy after two emails to their help desk marked Urgent.
Capital One refunded the difference and will take it from here. Still, Air Italy could’ve sold those tix for a lot more than the $779 I paid. ‍♂️ Seems like it shouldn’t be this difficult.
Air Italy is not a partner with Skyscanner; skyscanner is a search engine which then directs people mostly to OTAs and sometimes the airlines themselves. Who did you actually book the ticket with?

May 11, 2019
Capitol One has refunded my $1550. And has taken up the fight with Air Italy. The itinerary is from Amadeus and it looks like the reservation is through Svenska.

Dec 19, 2014
Capitol One has refunded my $1550. And has taken up the fight with Air Italy. The itinerary is from Amadeus and it looks like the reservation is through Svenska.
Please say that you didn't "dispute" the charge with Capital One, and that the "refund" is a preliminary credit that will be reversed when Air Italy contests the dispute.

May 11, 2019
The Capital One refund is a preliminary credit. I certainly anticipate Air Italy’s contest. I got the impression from Capital One they have been successful in previous contests.

This forum is great. Thanks for all the help.
I can’t wait to come back for more excellent advice.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you filed a chargeback you will most likely lose. If you bought a non refundable ticket, it’s just that and the airline did nothing wrong. What you did by filing a dispute is called “friendly fraud”.

Unless you bought a refundable ticket, you can’t just cancel a ticket and get a refund. Don't spend the money yet.

Sep 19, 2015
The Capital One refund is a preliminary credit. I certainly anticipate Air Italy’s contest. I got the impression from Capital One they have been successful in previous contests.

Exactly what did the airline do that was wrong? You bought a non-refundable ticket, and agreed to it. Non-refundable means just that.

This forum does not support fraudulent disputes.

From the main blog:

One way to commit Friendly fraud is by filing a chargeback and requesting a refund for services or products that you willingly agreed to purchase. Investigation of such claims ends up increasing merchant and credit card company costs. These costs eventually trickle down to consumers in higher product prices.

https://www.elliott.org/the-trouble...redit-card-charge-as-fraudulent-when-it-isnt/

You are not using the chargeback in the legal way. And by abusing the system not only do you make it more expensive for the rest of us you give the banking industry reason to lobby to do away with the law.

I hope you lose. Sorry it be so blunt, but what you are doing is wrong.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

We didn't give you excellent advice to do a fraudulant chargeback. I am not certain what you are talking about.

Dec 19, 2014

Obviously you aren't reading the forum posts, because no one in this forum would have advised you to "dispute" the charges. As Christina and Neil have said, you have abused the chargeback process.

There are several ways this will end badly for you...
1) Capital one investigates, determines the charges are valid, and reinstates the charges
This is your BEST case scenario

2) Capital one investigates, sustains the chargeback, then Air Italy turns you over to a collections agent
3) Air Italy cancels the 3rd ticket that you booked because you disputed the other 2.

Unless your ticket was refundable, you are liable for the charges.

Sep 19, 2015

Are you trolling the forum? No one actually gave you ANY advice or encouragement for a charge back. Or if you are doing sarcasm, well I certainly can wait for you to return.....