Air India Flight Delayed by 15 hours and received damage Baggage

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 21, 2018
Hello, thanks for the reply.
I fill the form "damage report " at the airport in which I provided the purchase cost and how old the bags are. Also, one bag is torn off the canvas or cloth and another one has broken wheels. I am living in a Chicago suburb. At the airport, the agent shows the actual damage to the bags. I also provided the pictures of the bags per their request. I understand, my claim is approving or not depending on their rule but they atlist need to reply to my email with the status when I requested them. I didn't receive one from the baggage claim department as well as from the other authority regarding my experience at New Delhi.
Thanks
But they asked for a repair quote, which you refuse to send. Then there is nothing they can do for you.

Oct 24, 2018
So here is the update...

Baggage claim: Since I got the email about baggage claimed approved on 10/31...I did not receive the check in the mail yet. The email mentioned that I will receive a check in the mail. I emailed back on 11/08 to find the status of the check, so far no reply.

For the experience at New Delhi Airport and compensation for that: I emailed primary contacts on 9/25, and then follow-up email on 10/08. No reply so far. Then I emailed CEO on 10/31, so far no reply for that email too. And also email the follow-up to CEO on 11/8.

I will keep you updated as I receive the update.

Oct 24, 2018
I know it been a long time since my last post... here is the update...

So finally I received the check for baggage claim in December and also received very standard format email from customer service for my experience at New Delhi airport with no offer of any compensation for long delay.

Thank you all members here for your help and suggestions.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I know it been a long time since my last post... here is the update...

So finally I received the check for baggage claim in December and also received very standard format email from customer service for my experience at New Delhi airport with no offer of any compensation for long delay.

Thank you all members here for your help and suggestions.
Thanks for letting us know, Jay. I was quite positive that you'd eventually get this straightened out. The business plan for running an airline must be a real doozy. I remember long ago cancelling a flight on American and waiting six months for the refund. I just plugged away, month after month, writing real letters to the airline. And when the money finally arrived ... it was TWO checks for widely differing amounts. Kind of illustrates the situation, I think.