Air France ticket not matching passport

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 10, 2018
I booked a flight for a trip to Paris in September on Air France. I couldn’t figure out where to add my middle name on the reservation, so I called and was told to enter it as a “2nd first name” which I did. However, it doesn’t show on any of the confirmation materials I received. I called back and was told that it doesn’t seem the name will appear on my ticket and that I needed to fill out an on-line form to get it fixed.

I just received this response from “Kana Exchange Mailbox <kana@delta-air.com :

I have received and reviewed your email with great interest. Fortunately, our system does not read middle names. You are only required to place your first and last name on your ticket as it shows on your government issued I.D. you plan to travel with.

Does it make sense that Air France can’t include a middle name on my ticket? (It is included in my profile with them.) Why does it ask for “2nd first name” if it doesn’t include it on the ticket? I’ve read enough of your daily e-mails to know I will have a major problem if my ticket doesn’t match my passport.

Sep 19, 2015
Some airlines do not have the place for a middle name. I sometimes smash it all together so it is firstmiddle last but sometimes there is not enough space so it is firstmid last.

Air France does not require middle name and it has been that way for years

https://www.travelersunited.org/policy-columns/24-hour-rule-2/

Different countries have other views on the importance of the middle name. Print out response just in case