Air Bnb scam/ account hacked please help

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 29, 2019
Yesterday eceived an email saying I had booked two nights in Thailand immediately went on air bnb and changed my password. I got the amount for the booked nights taken out my account. Also called air bnb and said they will ring back with in 24 hours. This morning a $200 ' resolution fee' had been taken out. what is this?
The air bnb guy on the phone reasured me just changing my air bnb password is fine but can the suspected fake host try charge me for other things? Say that i damaged their fake lisitng? ANY ADVICE WILL HELP
I was going to block my card but i have a future booking 1st august which needs payments to come out my saved card.

Mar 29, 2019
just saw on my emails My account sent $200 yesterday before I changed my password. so the host I booked with is definitely the scammer/ person who hijacked my account

Mar 29, 2019
Good news guys just got this email -

‘Hi, Ella and Cameron,

We monitor all reservations and user interactions on Airbnb very closely. We’ve noticed this reservation HMACQ9J4JF doesn’t appear to be legitimate. As a result we have canceled the reservation and refunded the payment. If you feel this was done in error, please let us know. Otherwise we hope you understand that we do this to preserve the integrity of our marketplace.

Regards,
The Airbnb Team’

Ella being the scam host. Good that support does come through! Be safe with your account safety guys. I feel like Air Bnb need to implement 2FA on payments/ bookings though