Agoda hotel booking- charged twice

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 23, 2018
I've booked my hotel stay with Agoda. I was staying in Holiday Inn Manahawkin NJ. I was charged by Agoda few days prior to my stay. Couple of days after my stay I saw Holiday Inn charged me for accommodations as well. I called them and first they said they have not realized that it was third party booking and then they said they have not got paid from Agoda therefore they've charged me. Agoda said they've provided their credit card to Holiday Inn multiple times but they have not charged the card. I really don't know what to do. it's over $500 and I can't afford losing that money.
Please advise how to handle this case

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If Agoda cannot provide you proof they paid the hotel I would dispute theirs. If they can, then dispute Holiday Inns. I would request proof from Agoda of their payment. Tell them you are disputing one of the charges and you need to see the proof of hotel payment.

I’d like my colleagues to comment on this as well to see if we all agree in the approach. You need to make sure you are disputing the right one.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Before taking these steps, I would try one more thing. Contact the online booking service via email to explain your situation and request proof that HI has been paid. Email HI to inform them that you have proof they've been paid. THEN, if no cooperation; go ahead and file a CC dispute. If the OBS has proof they paid HI, dispute the HI charge. If no proof from OBS, dispute their charge.

If HI hadn't been paid for your room (and I'm sure you discussed this at checkin), they should have notified you when you arrived . It's bad business for HI to charge your card without warning. Two rules that frequent travellers follow (and if they don't, they soon will learn from experience), 1) always book directly, never use an online booking service. 2) never prepay anything that doesn't require prepayment ... like a tiny European hotel out in the boondocks.

Last edited: