After hours drop-off at AMS. New damage charged next day!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 14, 2019
After-hours dropped-off at AVIS Amsterdam Airport. Big mistake! Next day, AVIS charged me EUR 210 damage plus EUR 65 processing fee for "a scratch".

I said damage was pre-existed, AVIS said it was not marked pre-existing in the RA. I said damage too minor for any repair, AVIS said estimate based on their pricing schedule of previous repair costs.

That was 5 months ago and AVIS’s latest position as of last week is:

“I have taken this opportunity to review the documentation one additional time, however my investigations have again concluded that our previous position is correct and no refund will be processed of the charges from this rental.”

I wish I had come across this forum much earlier but I think this rightfully belongs here.

See the photos and docs:>
Youtube oC0srwelFYA

My journey continues...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have a post on our car rental forum about how to protect yourself with renting a car. Taking pictures at pick up and drop off and making sure that you make an employee mark every scratch or ding on your car before you leave the lot.

We do have a post on how to fight this. Give it a try and start dealing with the Corporate Executives at AVIS, not the individual location.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/