Aeromexico Cheating Customers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 14, 2018
We had two tickets booked on September 17, 2017 to travel on January 5 - 12, 2018 from Chicago to Acapulco, Mexico round trip.

We paid $780.51/ticket. We cancelled because we could not make the January 5 trip, and were told we would be charged $215.00/ticket in penalty and service fees.

On May 13, 2018 we wanted to rebook for travel on August 30, 2018: Flight #689 to Mexico City, connecting to Flight #317 to Acapulco. The return we want is September 6, 2018 Flight #306 from Acapulco to Mexico City, connecting to Flight #682 back to Chicago. The total cost of this ticket per person is $461.25 on Aeromexico's website. When we called to book our new flight, we were refused and rudely spoken to. We believe we should be able to apply our $461.25 ticket to our original priced ticket, less the $215.00 penalty. We were told we must have a ticket which is the exact price of $780.51, but no where is that offered on the website. The explanation was that the website doesn't match their system. I have no idea what their system is, except a way to prevent consumers from booking. We spoke on Sunday, May 13, 2018 to two supervisors who were downright rude and one hung up.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You should be able to use the crèdits. We have company contacts on top of our page. Read the information on how to write and then start at Customer Service. All correspondence should be in writing- then you have a record of what they say and no one can deny it.

Let us know how you make out by using the contacts.

Sep 19, 2015
Could aeromexico have one of those rules that you have to book in the same fare class or above? Could you have just gotten bad respresentatives? I have never heard of it being the exact fare -- fare classes maybe but not monetary fare. Perhaps the weekend people are less informed. Have you tried calling during the week?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
My colleagues are correct - there's a major communication failure here. Our Company Contacts should be able to straighten this out. I would create a concise list of the facts in chronological order and contact them.