AeroMexico Airlines

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 12, 2019
On 2/28/2019, I took off from San Antonio, TX to Mexico City one stop then into Bogota, Columbia I had no problem. When I returned from Columbia on 3/7/2019 into Mexico City, they held me there and did not let me board my flight to go to San Antonio due to my ticket name Melinda not matching my legal name on my passport I don't understand there was no problem coming in with my name then all of a sudden going back home they held me....I talked to 4 different departments of AeroMexico Airlines to change my name in order to board my flight and they refused to and made it really hard to understand due to language barrier, they made me buy another airline ticket in order for them to put my legal name on the ticket....it cost me 768.13 and I am now needing to get it refunded. I have send an email to the airlines and have not received a response. Please let me know what I can do to get this refund asap, I am a single mother of 3 and this has put me in a financial bind....any information on how to go about this is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Sep 19, 2015
On 2/28/2019, I took off from San Antonio, TX to Mexico City one stop then into Bogota, Columbia I had no problem. When I returned from Columbia on 3/7/2019 into Mexico City, they held me there and did not let me board my flight to go to San Antonio due to my ticket name Melinda not matching my legal name on my passport I don't understand there was no problem coming in with my name then all of a sudden going back home they held me....I talked to 4 different departments of AeroMexico Airlines to change my name in order to board my flight and they refused to and made it really hard to understand due to language barrier, they made me buy another airline ticket in order for them to put my legal name on the ticket....it cost me 768.13 and I am now needing to get it refunded. I have send an email to the airlines and have not received a response. Please let me know what I can do to get this refund asap, I am a single mother of 3 and this has put me in a financial bind....any information on how to go about this is greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Is your name Melinda or was there a nickname or missing name?

legal name that matches passport is required on international ticket. Some people are more strict than others but that is the rule. What was missing from the ticket?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
My sympathy, Melinda. There's little more to offer. Names must match, this federal regulation has been in force for many years. I'm sorry you had to learn such an expensive lesson.

Oct 30, 2015
Did you happen to use a travel agent for your trip? I had a near miss with my passport/ticket name not matching that I discovered several days before I departed. The airline was trying to charge me for the change, but my travel agent managed to fixed it all up for me for free. It was a major relief and I was so thankful I had her to help me out!