AdHoc policy of Air France with respect to rebooking on cancelled flights

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
The problem with purchasing through Priceline is that they may have purchased a heavily discounted fare that Air France is not willing to offer another option for the Jet Airways portion. At this point you are likely going to have to repurchase the Amsterdam to Mumbai tickets and hope for a credit from Jet Airways along with all of their other creditors.
Carrie has diplomatically stated the issue here, Inayak. Priceline is a rock-bottom online booking service who spends millions of dollars in advertising to lure travellers to use their service. Most travel goes well, but when there is a problem, the customer is left high and dry. Online booking services are cheap because they give little or no customer service. Priceline is probably the cheapest. I am so sorry that we can't offer more than advice to try to force them to help you. It doesn't look good for you.

Apr 20, 2019
Carrie has diplomatically stated the issue here, Inayak. Priceline is a rock-bottom online booking service who spends millions of dollars in advertising to lure travellers to use their service. Most travel goes well, but when there is a problem, the customer is left high and dry. Online booking services are cheap because they give little or no customer service. Priceline is probably the cheapest. I am so sorry that we can't offer more than advice to try to force them to help you. It doesn't look good for you.
I have a little bit of faith left in humanity yet:) Let us see if Priceline succeeds in destroying the last bit :):)

Sep 19, 2015
I have a little bit of faith left in humanity yet:) Let us see if Priceline succeeds in destroying the last bit :):)
Very good attitude. I would still try with the contacts and maybe admit that you wrote to the DOT in haste and frustration.

It is a frustrating situation — as JSN55 said, the OTAs will spend so much on advertising but so little on customer support. And only when things go wrong is when one finds out how bad the support is.

Do hope you get a positive resolution.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
My only concern now is the DOT complaint that I started. If that shuts down channels of communication, I will need to come back here for help. I have less that 50 days left to travel. As the day of travel approaches, I need to either rebook at my own expense OR ask for a refund from priceline. The former is going to be expensive.

Would it be okay to reference this site in threads on sites like TripAdvisor where people have been experiencing the same issue ?
Once you reported to the DOT, you also took the ability for us to help any further. Priceline won’t usually respond to us either.

If you really want to travel - buy another ticket. I don’t think you are going to find anything close to what you paid.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I admire your attitude ... and it's true, we have seen the occasional outstretched hand to help a customer. Read everything you can get your hands on in hopes that a solution will present itself. The thought of just ripping up your current tix and buying new is nauseating. We always advise polite, patient and persistent ... my money's on you to move Priceline into a proper CS mode.

Apr 20, 2019
Hi Guys,
An update...
I sent the email to [email protected] , the one mentioned at your site, during the weekend and simultaneously decided to try Priceline phone support again . I was fully prepared to be rebuffed. But this time around I was pleasantly surprised. I got a very competant agent. He initiated the rebooking process. Over the weekend I got a reply from [email protected] that the rebooking should go through in a couple of days. When I called in again today, I once again got a competant agent. The email probably helped here too. I had 2 sets of tickets. One set has already been successfully rebooked. And he told me that the other set is expected to be rebooked over the next couple of days. I will report back in a couple of days
Once again.. thank you for your help guys.

Apr 20, 2019
>>And he told me that the other set is expected to be rebooked over the next couple of days.
The 2nd set of tickets has not been re-booked yet :(. The various reasons provided were, "AF did not receive our request due to a glitch", "I was on medical leave", "our system is down", "their system is down" and the latest I have is that "AF system is down and AF IT says the estimated date for fix the system is JUN 12". JUN12 is past the travel date of JUN09. Priceline has promised an update today, but no promise of a rebooking yet. Let us see how it goes

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Good news for you. Going forward- book directly with the airline. Nothing is worth having to go through this. If your flights get canceled for any reason you would usually have to go back to Priceline for assistance. You don’t want to have to go through this again with a canceled or changed flight.