Account locked

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 24, 2019
I just opened a vitural card in my local bank to get them cashback reward, then I tested it in my amazon account with 1$ reload gift card. BAM I got a email told me that my account has been blocked and I have to send a billing statement, the problem is when I asked my local bank CC they said they could only give me the statement of my BANK ACCOUNT (which I already had one from few day ago for my bussines). What should I do now???
BTW in my bank account's statment it doesn't show the card number so I guess I can't send it to Amazon

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I notice you are in Vietnam. What is a virtual card? What do you mean by testing it on your Amazon account? If what you are talking about is a debit card type of card, all you can send them is a copy of your bank statement and see if they will accept it, or put up a regular credit card on your account.

Amazon is having a lot of problems with fraud and if there is any question of the legitimacy of an account, they close the accounts. An Amazon account is a privilege, and if you can't qualify for an account based on their requirements, you can't open an account.

May 24, 2019
I notice you are in Vietnam. What is a virtual card? What do you mean by testing it on your Amazon account? If what you are talking about is a debit card type of card, all you can send them is a copy of your bank statement and see if they will accept it, or put up a regular credit card on your account.

Amazon is having a lot of problems with fraud and if there is any question of the legitimacy of an account, they close the accounts. An Amazon account is a privilege, and if you can't qualify for an account based on their requirements, you can't open an account.
Yes it's a Visa debit virtural card (the card that doesn't have physical form ), what I mean by saying "test" is to make sure my card work on Amazon so I purchased a 1$ reload gift card.
But in the email Amazon told me to send them my card statement that shows the card number but my statement that I got from the bank doesn't include those number so I doubt if they will accept it.
My apology if I said something not clearly since I haven't used English for quite a long time

May 24, 2019
You should send the bank account statement to Amazon. Explain it’s a virtual card and the card number changes every time you use it. Isn’t a virtual card usually issued off a credit card?

This is what Amazon says they accept for payment:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201132730
Okay, I will try that and actually my virtual card number doesn't change like you said. It stay the same and I manage it by using the bank's app like below. I don't know why I involved into this mess, before I used that card I had asked the bank CC and do some research on Google too

Attachments

May 24, 2019
Great, now I know why my card was declined, there is a tiny mistake in my billing address, instead of "District 12" I wrote "12 District". I just use the same card in Amazon Japan and it's worked. Should I write an email to inform them about this or just give up on my account, I only use it to buy ditgital music so nothing to be regretted