Account Locked

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 15, 2019
Hello,

So I have an amazon account that I use on the UK site and have done for a bit. Today I wanted to see if it was possible to get another amazon prime trial using a different email so I created an account with a temp email. I used the same debit card info as my main account but for the address I just wrote some random spam. I am currently locked out of the account.

I am worried because its on a temp mail so if I close it, it will dissapear. I have not recieved an email yet even though they say I should when I try to log in.
I dont care about the new account I created but I have read that this can affect my old account if I dont resolve the issue. If I just do nothing will my main account be affected??

I know it as foolish to do but I don't know what to do now.

Thanks

Sep 19, 2015
Amazon does not like multiple buyer accounts — easy to track with the debit card . You were trying to game the system and get free Amazon prime and were caught. And then you used a “spam” physical address for the debit card — as in made up?

No one knows if Amazon will decide to lock the main account — they may decide they do not want you as a customer any more which is well within their right and would be understandable in this situation.

Apr 15, 2019
Amazon does not like multiple buyer accounts — easy to track with the debit card . You were trying to game the system and get free Amazon prime and were caught. And then you used a “spam” physical address for the debit card — as in made up?

No one knows if Amazon will decide to lock the main account — they may decide they do not want you as a customer any more which is well within their right and would be understandable in this situation.
Yes I know it was dumb now.

Should I send them an email from my main account explaining how I do not wish to have the other account or something?
My main account is a few months old and I made a purchase about 3 weeks ago.
I don't want anything more to do with the new account I made I just want to make sure my normal account is okay. is there any advice for what I should do?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The main account that you used your Dads card on is likely the one they will not re-open. They don’t mess around with potential fraud.

Your second account is likely an easier one to have re-opened- they need you to confirm your account address and they can’t do it with a pre-paid card. You’ll probably need a credit card or a bank account. However keep in mind they may consider opening the second account a way to get around the closing off the first account.

I would tell them about both accounts and that you were told by an Amazon employee to open a second account.

Apr 15, 2019
The main account that you used your Dads card on is likely the one they will not re-open. They don’t mess around with potential fraud.

Your second account is likely an easier one to have re-opened- they need you to confirm your account address and they can’t do it with a pre-paid card. You’ll probably need a credit card or a bank account. However keep in mind they may consider opening the second account a way to get around the closing off the first account.

I would tell them about both accounts and that you were told by an Amazon employee to open a second account.
Hello,

What do you mean of my Dads card? This is my personal debit card.
I already had my debit card on my first account and made a purchase with it.
I do not want the second account as it uses a temp mail and I never intended on keeping it anyway.
Should I tell them the situation from my primary account or should I say something else?

Apr 15, 2019
Also currently my first account is operating fine and its only the second that is locked but I havn't tried to make an order or anything.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I apologize- we had another Amazon cardholder today with a totally different issue- thought I was on his post. Disregard that.

I’d just use the working account and try to close out the bogus one. As Christina said- we have no way of knowing if Amazon will lock both accounts.

Apr 15, 2019
I apologize- we had another Amazon cardholder today with a totally different issue- thought I was on his post. Disregard that.

I’d just use the working account and try to close out the bogus one. As Christina said- we have no way of knowing if Amazon will lock both accounts.
How do I close the account? Should I send an email requesting them to delete the fake one and apologise?

Feb 12, 2019
I wouldn't. Odds are too high someone wouldn't read the whole message or get confused and close the one you messaged them from. Just message the regular customer service email -- from the email of the account you want to close -- and ask them to close the account.

Apr 15, 2019
I wouldn't. Odds are too high someone wouldn't read the whole message or get confused and close the one you messaged them from. Just message the regular customer service email -- from the email of the account you want to close -- and ask them to close the account.
I used a disposable email (cant send) when I created the fake account. Should I just say nothing and leave the second account or should I do something else?