Account disabled due to impersonating someone else and group stolen!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Last week, a fake profile of me appeared and started requesting all of my friends. By the time I started to look into it, my real account of 12 years was disabled as well as the impersonator. I submitted my ID numerous times and still no response. I ran a group of +200,000 members and it was crucial to my business. Now, when I go back to the group, it has been taken over by fake accounts. How the hell did they just claim my group? I was targeted and I believe someone mass reported me to get me disabled and then take over the group (they were members for 1-2months). My account was not compromised, I have 2FA enabled. Only admin with another moderator and he was disabled too.

This is absurd and unbelievable. Is my group gone now? I've seen people that have not gotten back their accounts for 3 months.

Feb 28, 2019
Hi guys,

Last week, a fake profile of me appeared and started requesting all of my friends. By the time I started to look into it, my real account of 12 years was disabled as well as the impersonator. I submitted my ID numerous times and still no response. I ran a group of +200,000 members and it was crucial to my business. Now, when I go back to the group, it has been taken over by fake accounts. How the hell did they just claim my group? I was targeted and I believe someone mass reported me to get me disabled and then take over the group (they were members for 1-2months). My account was not compromised, I have 2FA enabled. Only admin with another moderator and he was disabled too.

This is absurd and unbelievable. Is my group gone now? I've seen people that have not gotten back their accounts for 3 months.
Which website?
Who did you submit the ID to?

Need more information.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Hi guys,

It is very hard to assist you when you have omitted any details about the online site in your post.

Oct 21, 2019
Sorry guys, it is facebook. ID was submitted via facebook 3 days ago. I know it is still early but I found someone with the same issues on facebook forums. He has had this problem for 3 months with no word from facebook. I need to prepare for the worst. My business is toast without my account.

Oct 21, 2019

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Our instructions are to start at the bottom and wait a week in between each email. If you emailed more than one at a time your email might have gone to spam.

Using Facebook for running a business is a bad idea. This is exactly that why- if they suspend your account- you have no business anymore.

Oct 21, 2019
Our instructions are to start at the bottom and wait a week in between each email. If you emailed more than one at a time your email might have gone to spam.

Using Facebook for running a business is a bad idea. This is exactly that why- if they suspend your account- you have no business anymore.
I understand that, however I don't have a choice at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is awful, and I'm afraid we are going to hear more and more about it. FB is a social media entity. They have no interest in the people who use FB, only the advertisers. I'm sorry this happened, but your efforts can be far better aimed at replacing FB for your business. You can't run a business on a social website that doesn't care about you at all. Sad but true.

Oct 21, 2019
This is awful, and I'm afraid we are going to hear more and more about it. FB is a social media entity. They have no interest in the people who use FB, only the advertisers. I'm sorry this happened, but your efforts can be far better aimed at replacing FB for your business. You can't run a business on a social website that doesn't care about you at all. Sad but true.
I was in the process of moving slowly to other sites/means of marketing. It is crazy how they can lock your account and give away your group that you had grown for 3 years to a complete stranger.

Dec 19, 2014
I was in the process of moving slowly to other sites/means of marketing. It is crazy how they can lock your account and give away your group that you had grown for 3 years to a complete stranger.
It is absurd, but that's the way that social media sites work. Though you always retain copyright over your content, by using social media (FB, IG, etc), you are effectively giving the company rights to use your work as they see fit. Technically, you don't own your group.