Accident with Budget Rental and Claim with my Credit Card

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 30, 2018
In October 2017, I was in a parking lot and the car scratched against a concrete stump as I drove out. The stump was not clearly visible as I sat in the driver's seat. The two doors on the left side of the door were scratched pretty badly down to the metal.

I did not purchase rental insurance. I returned the car and filled out an accident report, and I still have not received anything about these damages to this day. I do not have personal car insurance, as I do not own a car.

I filed a claim with my credit card company, and they need all documents including the invoice of repairs within 365 days. We are still about 4 months away.

I am wondering what I should do. Should I contact Budget, since my bank needs all documents within 365 years? or just still wait a bit? Thank you all for your help!

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2015
I would take it a step further, send a copy of the e-mail letter via certified mail. It is much easier to prove the letter was received by CM than by e-mail.

Oct 16, 2015
We are going through the same thing. I still have an open claim with Allianz and they understand we have been unable to get anything from the rental company (since December!). Phone calls and emails to no avail. They give us a name of someone to call, that person will say they have nothing in the system. One would wish that were true but only in a fantasy world. I KNOW there is something and do not want what is obviously going to be an unpleasant surprise. It's making me crazy. We have reached out to everyone. At this point my husband says he is done, he is going to just wait. So that is what we are doing.

Aug 5, 2018
In October 2017, I was in a parking lot and the car scratched against a concrete stump as I drove out. The stump was not clearly visible as I sat in the driver's seat. The two doors on the left side of the door were scratched pretty badly down to the metal.

I did not purchase rental insurance. I returned the car and filled out an accident report, and I still have not received anything about these damages to this day. I do not have personal car insurance, as I do not own a car.

I filed a claim with my credit card company, and they need all documents including the invoice of repairs within 365 days. We are still about 4 months away.

I am wondering what I should do. Should I contact Budget, since my bank needs all documents within 365 years? or just still wait a bit? Thank you all for your help!
Have you heard anything back about this? If not, go to their Facebook page and send them a private message: https://www.facebook.com/Budget/

You can also email them here: socialinfo@budgetgroup.com --- Please add your RA in the subject line of your email.

May 30, 2018
I had a very long email exchange with the Budget/Avis Customer service. They stated they could not find any damage charges related to my rental. They then forwarded my case to the Claims Department, and they were also unable to find any damage charges as of July 2018.

I sent a copy of the email exchange to my Chase Credit Card Benefits Service, and they are still waiting to review the emails and get back to me.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I would send both parties a letter explaining exactly the status of the incident. If things do not get taken care of in the time allowed, you will at least have hard evidence that you attempted to solve the issue but did not get cooperation. What weirdness goes on in the rental car business, it's astonishing.

Aug 5, 2018
I had a very long email exchange with the Budget/Avis Customer service. They stated they could not find any damage charges related to my rental. They then forwarded my case to the Claims Department, and they were also unable to find any damage charges as of July 2018.

I sent a copy of the email exchange to my Chase Credit Card Benefits Service, and they are still waiting to review the emails and get back to me.
I would send both parties a letter explaining exactly the status of the incident. If things do not get taken care of in the time allowed, you will at least have hard evidence that you attempted to solve the issue but did not get cooperation. What weirdness goes on in the rental car business, it's astonishing.
Okay, so what most likely happened is that your damages were attributed to another renter. This means that the documents can, in fact, be found. If the damage was as bad as you suggest, someone was charged for it.

Please send a message to FB support and they'll respond in ~3 days (only send one message because their systems are glitched so that if you send one today, one tomorrow, one the next day, your case gets pushed to the end of the queue).

Ask them to check the history of that MVA, if it hasn't been turned back, anyway. Ask them to check the MVA reports for rentals after yours and I bet they'll find it.

I work for their social media department so I'll be on the lookout for your post. You can also PM me your case# and I'll have a look when I get to work today.