AARP/United Healthcare will not cease contact

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 31, 2018
Last April, I started to receive Medicare enrollment from AARP/United Healthcare. I am 63 and thus not eligible. I started calling both AARP and United Healthcare and asked to be removed from all contact. By June, this had not stopped. I canceled my AARP membership over this. At least once per week for over 7 months, I have called, texted, messaged, posted, tweeted, etc. and asked for this to stop. It hasn't. I started complaining to management and they assured me it would stop. More AARP people called and assured me it would stop. IT HASN'T. They tell me to be patient and wait a month. IT HAS BEEN OVER 7 MONTHS. I have tried everything. I am on the federal do not contact for insurance. I contacted those who sell AARP memberships and removed my name. I have tried everything.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
We've got executive contacts for AARP here. When writing, read how to write here. When you email don't attach anything to your email as that may cause it to get bounced back. Don't email everyone all at once as if you do that, they may think someone else is handling the problem or if you don't get what you want, you have nowhere else to go. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
"The mindless marketing" concept in full force. I have the same trouble with Hilton. I search for a hotel, and suddenly a quarter of my screen is taken up by an invitation to "chat". I don't need to chat, I don't want to chat. The huge invitation to chat could be relegated to a nice little button that says "chat", one that does not obliterate a quarter of my screen. I've done all the things you have, probably three times over. Does Hilton listen? Noooo, they say they'll stop it, over and over. But the mindless marketing department continues on, doing what it wants to do with no regard for the customer. It continues because it costs the company nothing and nobody with a brain has figured out that they're alienating a potential customer. AARP has lost you as a member, and you probably won't buy insurance from them ever. I could switch my loyalty to another hotel chain, but I have billions of Hilton points and always enjoy the hotels themselves ... in spite of the stupid marketing. I think we consumers need to face that we are being bombarded with this garbage from the mindless marketing department and it will never stop, so we should just ignore it. At least, that works for me.

Sep 18, 2018
This is by email? And you're calling to ask for it to stop? If so, it will have little effect. It sounds as if you're on an email mailing list. So unless you manage to find the one or two people who control the list using the methods you've tried, you're not going to have much luck.

Any such email is required to have an unsubscribe link at the bottom (often displayed in the tiniest type). Have you clicked on that link and followed the instructions to unsubscribe?