90 Minute rule on schedule changes?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 28, 2018
My understanding of Delta's policy when they changed your schedule on purchased tickets was that if they exceeded an hour's difference in departure or arrival, you could select an alternate flight at no charge, as long as the date and destinations remained the same, but if the change exceeded 90 minutes, then you could get a full refund for your ticket. I would like to have this information in hand before I contact Delta, but all I can find on their website now is the policy regarding selecting a new flight if the change is more than an hour - I can find nothing referencing the 90 minute/refund policy. Does anyone know if this has changed? Thanks in advance.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Here you go:

Delta’s Liability in the Event of Schedule Changes, Delays and Flight Cancellations
In the event of flight cancellation, diversion, delays of greater than 90 minutes, or delays that
will cause a passenger to miss connections, Delta will (at passenger’s request) cancel theremaining ticket and refund the unused portion of the ticket and unused ancillary fees in the original form of payment in accordance with Rule 260 of these conditions of carriage. If the passenger does not request a refund and cancellation of the ticket, Delta will transport the passenger to the des tination on Delta’s next flight on which seats are available in the classof service originally purchased. At Delta’s sole discretion and if acceptable to the passenger, Delta may arrange for the passenger to travel on another carrier or via ground transportation. If acceptable to the passenger, Delta will provide transportation in a lower class of service, in which case the passenger may be entitled to a partial refund. If space on the next available flight is available only in a higher
class of service than purchased, Delta will transport the passenger on the flight, although Delta reserves the right to upgrade other passengers on the flight according to its upgrade priority policy to make space in the class of service originally purchased

Mar 28, 2018
Many thanks to each of you who responded. Because I had this chapter and verse to cite when I called Delta, I was able to politely but firmly quote it when they first denied any refund whatsoever, and then again when they tried to offer me a voucher. The agent had to contact a supervisor, who immediately refunded my full ticket price, which made me able to rebook through another nearby airport and get to my destination when I needed to. You guys rock.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Many thanks to each of you who responded. Because I had this chapter and verse to cite when I called Delta, I was able to politely but firmly quote it when they first denied any refund whatsoever, and then again when they tried to offer me a voucher. The agent had to contact a supervisor, who immediately refunded my full ticket price, which made me able to rebook through another nearby airport and get to my destination when I needed to. You guys rock.
Music to our ears, DeLynn! Thanks so much for letting us know.