Enterprise damage recovery unit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
Sep 15, 2018
Just got a letter stated there was damage or loss on a car i rented for a day. Wrote them a email asking for pics, receipt, all the paper work, proof and what not. Still waiting on a reply from them but I KNOW there is no damage that needs my attention. Can I please have the contact info to the corporate of enterprise? And if they do demand a ridiculous amount of money, what should I do??

Sep 19, 2015
Just got a letter stated there was damage or loss on a car i rented for a day. Wrote them a email asking for pics, receipt, all the paper work, proof and what not. Still waiting on a reply from them but I KNOW there is no damage that needs my attention. Can I please have the contact info to the corporate of enterprise? And if they do demand a ridiculous amount of money, what should I do??
When you returned the car was any damage noted?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/enterprise/

Sep 19, 2015
This is not unusual anymore and if you follow the thread in post 2, usually results in the claim being dropped.

Yes Neil I have noticed that with other posts and think it is awful that a renter has no damage noted upon return and then gets a claim stating otherwise.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This has to do with carelessness when cars are returned IMO. These car companies are in a rush and don’t thoroughly inspect at drop off. Plus one employee might take a 2” scratch as normal wear and tear and another one might look at it as damage and pin it on the last renter, even though the scratches might have been there when the car was picked up.

That’s what videotaping or photographing the car at pick up and drop off is important.

Jul 7, 2018
Most of the time the car is not clean when returning it. Videos and photos don't show details. Any suggestions to this problem besides getting the car washed. My second comment is if the car was returned and no damage was noted at the time of return then how does the car company claim later that you damaged the car when it was in your possession.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Most of the time the car is not clean when returning it. Videos and photos don't show details. Any suggestions to this problem besides getting the car washed. My second comment is if the car was returned and no damage was noted at the time of return then how does the car company claim later that you damaged the car when it was in your possession.

We video tape and talk through it. When we pick up the clean car, we discuss every dent or scratch on the car and also talk through the return. The biggest piece you need is what the car had on it when you picked it up so you can show that nothing new was there when you dropped it off.

GAT

Apr 23, 2018
There oughtta be a law (remember that old cartoon series?) ... requiring rental companies to sign a release after inspecting the returned car and giving it to the renter before he/she leaves the premises. The release would specify any damage that wasn't there when the car was taken out.