8 plus month of hell

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 18, 2019
I have been a sprint customer since 1998 . I currently have 6 cell phone devices attached to my acct and 1 ipad tablet .
I should only have 5 cell phone lines and 1 ipad . And I’ll try to explain in detail .
Back in late September 2018 early October 2018 , I upgraded my line , I will call that line A . I went from a iPhone 8plus to a iPhone XS
Approx, 3 weeks later , I then upgraded two more lines . We will call second line B , which was ‘suppose to go 6s to a iPhone X and third line C , which went from a iPhone5c to a 7plus .
I asked if line C’s old device (iphone5c) should be sent back with line A and B . I was told yes . All three devices went back in the same package with the very same shipping label . All three was found to be delivered to the warehouse in mid November of 2018.
Now , this is where it gets complicated. When I received the two devices for B and C , line B , had a whole new line of service to it , new number , new plan. I immediately called sprint . They explained that since line C had a contract to it for a iPhone 7rose which that device was swapped to line D , one year prior to the time frame I’m referring too . That they had to give me a new line . I asked why I wasn’t informed instead of just going about themselves and making that decision for me . I would have waited to upgrade line B. Anyhow ; i was told in November what they would do for me is move the contract on the iPhone 7 rose from line C to line D , then wipe out line C, and basically my bill will go back to normal and nothing will change other then the phone number . Bc id be keeping the new line and just be getting rid of existing line , I was also told this will be at no extra cost to me bc this wasn’t my mistake .
Ok , not only am I going on 8+ months of that not being fixed but I’m February of 2019 , after calling about the problem above for the 20th time . And also seeing I was being charged for a device non return fee . And no credits for the other two I returned . I then find out that the 3 devices that I had sent back To them in mid November . all 3 in the same package , that had ONE tracking number that I tracked , the one I seen showing received at warehouse . I was told that none where received. I then supplied tracking number . Miraculously, the 6s was found while I stayed on the line with the rep. But they said the 5c and the 8plus weren’t found . We opened a case to get them found . 2 -3 days later ; I get a Call from a rep stating they were found . .
So I winded up getting the 179$ refunded to my bill . However I was asked why I returned the 5c , bc the rep told me I owned it . I explained when I asked when I upgraded the devices , that I was told yes to return it . That rep said to me that I shouldn’t have ; I asked her to mail it back to me or apply a credit to my account . I was told that a credit would be applied and I was asked to hold while she was figuring out the amount I would receive on my bill . I was on hold for a long period of time only to be hung up on . So I call back , explain everything , to have another case opened bc they can’t find the devices that the last rep found .
So basically we are now going on like the 9th ,plus month , 10th bill , Of still having 6 lines . Still being billed for 6lines which should only be 5 lines and the data for a iPad tablet . No credit from the 5c nor did I receive it back . And I’m still being billed for the iPhone 8plus on line A even though I returned it with the 5c and 6s.
I have been calling every month . I have had several cases opened on these matters with no resolution . And to add insult to
Injury : they currently offered me to ‘ wave ‘ the cancel device fee of 279$ ,which will be charged to my account I’m being told next bill . And mind you , the line shouldn’t have even been added , for them to cancel . And they will credit my account 50$ for being billed the last 10 billing cycles of $32.41 . I absolutely declined the offer .
Desired resolution :
I would like to receive credit for the 5c blue 95$.00 or have the device sent back to me
I would like to receive a $324.10 plus taxes and late fees associated to the $324.10 credit for the iPhone 8plus that was affiliated to line A , that I was being billed for after I did the upgrade to the iPhone XS.
I would like be credited for all fees associated to the 6th line I never wanted in the first place . I approximated that value at the very least of $650. Plus taxes and associated-late fees if not more .
And if I’m being hit with a cancel a line of service fee : I would then like that to be credited .

I have made numerous calls in the last 8 plus months . Spending anywhere from minim of 1 hour to a max of 4 hours per call .
Being hung up on numerous times . ( they say call got disconnected )
Making all those calls caused my anxiety go from a level 2-3 to a level 10 in matter of minutes of being on the calls with the reps .
That I am always promised that the case(s) have been extradited to the resolution teams and will have them resolved within 3-5 business days and I would receive call backs .
None of been resolved , and 95% of those cases , I never received call backs from supervisors as I requested .. I have made many attempts for them to make good .

My time is valuable , I am a home maker and a full time mother to 3 . And I don’t feel that I’m taken seriously . I will note that I did email the exact message thread you see here , except with acct info details and using the actual associated phone numbers instead of A,B,C, D to all the Executive officers listed on the Elliot forum contact page

Sep 1, 2018
When you do email the company contacts, put your concerns in a concise, bulleted list and keep emotion out of it. That's hard to do for me, sometimes, but truthfully they don't care about that stuff. Honestly, I didn't get past about the third paragraph. Hope you get this resolved.

Jul 13, 2016
Your story is very hard to read and very confusing, but I am going to try to break it down
Line A Line B Line C Line D
8+-->XS 6s-->X 5c-->7+ added without your knowledge supposedly for a 7Rose

Sprint told you they would move the contract and phone for Line D and remove Line C. This has apparently not been done since promised back in November. You are still paying for 6 cell phones lines when you should only be paying for 5.

Additionally, Sprint has not credited you for the returned phones correctly. Sprint owes you either the old 5c, or a credit, plus they have not credited you for the 8+ you returned.

What you need to do is to stop calling. All it does is frustrate you and waste your time. You need to start emailing the contacts, one at a time, waiting a week between emails. If you do not get a response from the first contact, mention that in your email to the second contact. You need to keep it simple, like my breakdown above (but add your pertinent data and contract numbers). You should keep your well-written request for an acceptable resolution.

You need to get someone to want to help you and your long and confusing letter will put people off. Try to keep your (justified) frustration and anger out of the letter. The reader isn't responsible for this mess.

Good luck!

Jul 13, 2016
Your story is very hard to read and very confusing, but I am going to try to break it down
Line A Line B Line C Line D
8+-->XS 6s-->X 5c-->7+ added without your knowledge supposedly for a 7Rose

Sprint told you they would move the contract and phone for Line D and remove Line C. This has apparently not been done since promised back in November. You are still paying for 6 cell phones lines when you should only be paying for 5.

Additionally, Sprint has not credited you for the returned phones correctly. Sprint owes you either the old 5c, or a credit, plus they have not credited you for the 8+ you returned.

What you need to do is to stop calling. All it does is frustrate you and waste your time. You need to start emailing the contacts, one at a time, waiting a week between emails. If you do not get a response from the first contact, mention that in your email to the second contact. You need to keep it simple, like my breakdown above (but add your pertinent data and contract numbers). You should keep your well-written request for an acceptable resolution.

You need to get someone to want to help you and your long and confusing letter will put people off. Try to keep your (justified) frustration and anger out of the letter. The reader isn't responsible for this mess.

Good luck!
Sorry, my formatting went haywire when this posted. I suggest a column with the line phone number at the top and underneath the model of old phone--->model of new phone. Example:
Line A
8+ ---> XS