2018 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Adaptive Cruise Control

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 20, 2019
1. I bought a company warranted one-year old 2018 Porsche Cayenne and
it has been in the Porsche shop five times, same problem, within the
first year of my ownership. The Adaptive Cruise Control
intermittently disengages. I have photos.

Most recently, one week ago, the car was in the shop for two weeks.
Local Porsche dealership (Zimbrick European) cannot fix the problem,
and they have instructed me to "Moving forward Porsche would like you
to reach out to them in regards to the symptoms you are having with
your Porsche. The number to call is 1-800-Porsche" When the car was in the shop last week, it was under the instructions
of Porsche Corporate, as was the last two occasions.

Do I have any recourse?

Thank you.

Attachments

Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for the prompt reply. Elliott Rocks! There is a Lemon Law in Wisconsin, I don't know how to proceed. Maybe an attorney? Warranty is 2 years (2021) 50 k miles. The car has 23 k miles.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You shouldn’t need an attorney. Your warranty that you received should have information in it on how to file a warranty claim. Do you have the warranty paperwork?

The dealer should be taking care of this- from Porsche:

• Warranty and Maintenance handbook)
Certified Pre-Owned Warranty is 2 years / unlimited miles, once the vehicle is outside the original vehicle warranty period.

Warranty can be claimed from any Porsche partner across the world.

You can review the warranty from here:

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/vehicleinformation/warranty/

Oct 20, 2019
Thank you.

Yes, it was under warranty that I took the vehicle to the Dealership. Five times.

your Porsche. The number to call is 1-800-Porsche" When the car was in the shop last week, it was under the instructions
of Porsche

They are unable to fix the problem...

May 1, 2018
Unfortunately, I don't believe used cars are covered under the lemon law in WI. I think you're going to need to reach out to Porsche and firmly request they honor their warranty and repair your car. I would hold off on getting an attorney (or even mentioning attorneys, laws, or lawsuits) until you attempt to resolve the issue directly through Porsche corporate.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thank you.

Yes, it was under warranty that I took the vehicle to the Dealership. Five times.

of Porsche

They are unable to fix the problem...
There is a link in post 4 to the applicable warranty manuals for Porsche. Look in the warranty manual for information on filing a warranty claim.

May 1, 2018
Sometimes the dealership gets into an area which they do not possess the knowledge to fix a particular problem, so I would suggest taking it to another Porsche dealership nearby. There is also a loyal Porsche Club of America group where you may want to post your problem.
If a different Porsche dealer is not available, a premium brand VAG dealer may be able to help.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Sometimes the dealership gets into an area which they do not possess the knowledge to fix a particular problem, so I would suggest taking it to another Porsche dealership nearby. There is also a loyal Porsche Club of America group where you may want to post your problem.
I would second the idea of reaching out to the Porsche Club of America for their technical resources/expertise: https://www.pca.org/
https://www.pca.org/technical-committee
There are also model specific Porsche forums. https://www.cayenneforums.com/

Oct 20, 2019
Unfortunately, I don't believe used cars are covered under the lemon law in WI. I think you're going to need to reach out to Porsche and firmly request they honor their warranty and repair your car. I would hold off on getting an attorney (or even mentioning attorneys, laws, or lawsuits) until you attempt to resolve the issue directly through Porsche corporate.
I did reach out to Porsche. No results.

Oct 20, 2019
+1 on taking your car to a different dealer.
+1 on taking your car to a different dealer.
Thanks. I did take it to a different dealer. No result. They say no stored codes on "computer." I have pictures of the error. No avail. I also took the car to an independent and they found the stored code. Gave a photo to the Porsche dealer. But Porsche dealerships disregard independent's evidence. And my photo evidence of the error

May 1, 2018
Thanks. I did take it to a different dealer. No result. They say no stored codes on "computer." I have pictures of the error. No avail. I also took the car to an independent and they found the stored code. Gave a photo to the Porsche dealer. But Porsche dealerships disregard independent's evidence. And my photo evidence of the error
So is the issue not occurring when at the Porsche dealer? Are they not able to replicate it?

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@Dr G Can you reliably get the vehicle to fail? If so, you might want to offer to take someone from the dealership for a ride to show them the issue. Sounds like you’ve hit a NTF (no trouble found) issue where the dealer can’t see any codes to indicate a failure and can’t replicate the failure either.