Jet Blue Family Pooling

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
Aug 28, 2015
New York
About 6 months ago, I attempted to add my mom to my Jet Blue family pool, which means all her points would go to me. At the time, my partner and I were the only ones in the pool. I didn't really read the t/c and the next thing I know, I removed him and am unable to add another adult for one year, nor could I add him back. After the fact, I read through the policy and it is disclosed that you can only have 2 adults, 5 kids and your pet. The system doesn't intuitively make this clear within the program but the words are definitely there. Immediately after I removed him, I called JetBlue and asked if they could put him back. They said no. I spoke with them several times about this, including on Twitter, and while the initial reply is no problem, they ultimately get back to me with a firm no. It's my fault I didn't realize this but it's incredibly inconvenient and annoying that I can't re-add him for multiple reasons. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or any suggestions of how to persuade Jet Blue. I overall like them so don't want to be too pushy. Any ideas?

Jan 8, 2015
When writing make sure to start at the bottom and go one at a time. Don't send to everyone al at once or start at the top. the idea is to have someone to appeal to in case the person you wrote to is unwilling to help.

Reactions: jsn55

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It is usually more effective if, when you have a problem like this, you offer a solution to help other consumers, which is where suggesting that a pop up appears before finalizing might help.

I have always found that instead of just a complaint a solution is offered that might have helped avoid the issue gets a better reaction.

Reactions: jsn55
Aug 28, 2015
New York
These are all great ideas. Thank tou everyone for weighing in. It was definitely my mistake, so I sent an email making it clear I was asking a favor. The family pool thing was a huge benefit and I can't believe I gave it away! I will suggest a pop up when you delete someone that confirms I understand it will be me and my dog, and no additional adults for one year.

Reactions: Neil Maley
Aug 28, 2015
New York
Is this too long?
Dear Ms Meacham:
I was hoping you could help me with my family pooling account. In late March, I inadvertently removed my partner from our family pool. I immediately tried to re-add him but was unable. Upon review, I noticed that you definitely state in your terms and conditions that I may not add him for another year. The removal was not intentional, however so I contacted customer service. While helpful in explaining the rule, no one was able to re-add him to my account.

I love the family pool program. It is an amazing and unique benefit that makes a Jet Blue our preferred airline. As such, I am greatly disappointed with this result. Is there any way you would be able to assist in reuniting my family? I simply want to enjoy the benefit, as others do, and I believe my request is consistent with the spirit of the program. I would greatly appreciate your support.
Thank you again for your time and consideration.
Best,

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Is this too long?
Dear Ms Meacham:
I was hoping you could help me with my family pooling account. In late March, I inadvertently removed my partner from our family pool. I immediately tried to re-add him but was unable. Upon review, I noticed that you definitely state in your terms and conditions that I may not add him for another year. The removal was not intentional, however so I contacted customer service. While helpful in explaining the rule, no one was able to re-add him to my account.

I love the family pool program. It is an amazing and unique benefit that makes a Jet Blue our preferred airline. As such, I am greatly disappointed with this result. Is there any way you would be able to assist in reuniting my family? I simply want to enjoy the benefit, as others do, and I believe my request is consistent with the spirit of the program. I would greatly appreciate your support.
Thank you again for your time and consideration.
Best,
EXCELLENT!!!
I wish more people would understand how important your second paragraph is. I use the description all the time: imagine a dark, dank room, stacks of complaints, no end in sight. That person gets beat up all day long, letter after letter telling him how rotten his airline is. That person will surely relate to your clever words praising the entity that signs his checks.