Car stolen

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
Aug 6, 2020
I am currently renting with enterprise and my car was stolen while I was sleeping at a friends house. I was beyond exhausted and didnt realize I left my keys in my car. Now I am stuck and lost on what to do because I cant get through to anybody on customer service . I was able to file a police report and I did purchase the insurance through enterprise before renting the car. Now am worried if i will be charged or held responisble.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately because you left the keys in the car the insurance will probably be void. We had a case like this a few months ago and the car rental company held the renter responsible. If I recall that case the renter left the keys unsecured in the house and someone in the house took the keys and car and had an accident.

You should call your own car insurance company immediately. Here are phone numbers for Enterprise:

Good luck.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am currently renting with enterprise and my car was stolen while I was sleeping at a friends house. I was beyond exhausted and didnt realize I left my keys in my car. Now I am stuck and lost on what to do because I cant get through to anybody on customer service . I was able to file a police report and I did purchase the insurance through enterprise before renting the car. Now am worried if i will be charged or held responisble.
This is a real problem, you're right to be worried. You should file an insurance claim immediately. Do you own a vehicle and carry insurance? Your own insurance company might help you. I suspect you're trying to call Enterprise. And they're not answering because nobody is allowed to come to work. If you can't reach a human, you need to put your report in writing asap. If you can't find a way to submit an email, use our Company Contacts and ask them for help getting your report to the proper department. I would also send your report via USPS to whatever address you can find for the rental location.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Well someone has to be at the Enterprise office the OP rented from because the OP picked up the car. Sometimes if they are busy and only one person is in the office, they don’t answer. Or perhaps the office was closed when they called. But if a main number at Enterprise is open to take reservations, they can get hold of someone.