0700 to 0700 can i pay for one stay and early check in

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 1, 2019
Any advice, we have a flight booked in December to Tel Aviv arrival time 04.00, we expect to reach our hotel 5 star lucky us by 07.00, we intend to check out at 07.00 the following day.

When I inquired about checking in early I was told check in time is from 14.00 if I wanted to be sure that we can get into the room at 07.00 it would be better to book an additional night.

If needs must we can drop our bags and come back, I did not have that discussion with the hotel.

Question as we will be staying at the hotel for 24hrs do we have any grounds to push for a early check in.

As always many thanks

Edwin

Sep 19, 2015
Early check in is a courtesy that is sometimes available. If check in is 14:00 and check out is 11:00 the next day those are the hours you get—. You do not get 24 hours from check in.

If no early check in is available either pay for the previous night or check in at 14:00.

Jan 6, 2015
If they guarantee you early check-in (before 11:00), then they cannot rent that room for the night before. I don't see them being flexible on that.

However, if you show up at 7:00 AM and they have a room that is empty and has been cleaned, they might accommodate you . . .

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
The only way you could do this is if you had top status in a program like Marriott Bonvoy that allows 24 hour stays. Otherwise you can do what you said, leave your bags with the hotel and check in later. You are paying for a night not a day.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree with my colleagues. If you want to insure you have a room ready you need to book the night before. Even if you get early check in, do you want to sit in the lobby from 5 am until a room is ready?

Otherwise you are taking a chance on having room or not.

Jan 6, 2015
Added thought: you could have a leisurely breakfast in the airport to delay your hotel arrival and improve your chances of early check-in. I have seen one instance where the hotel greed to 11:00 AM . . .

Sep 19, 2015
The overnight flights and early arrivals are tough.

As Barry pointed out some hotels give more flexibility to their best clients.

I have had some luck with early check ins, usually around 10 am to 11 am — and am grateful when I get them. During high seasons I rarely get them as the room has to be cleaned.

You need to weigh the costs versus your personal situation. Will you be so tired that it is unpleasant to wait and really cause you to feel awful.

Mar 1, 2019
I saw that the beach is less than 10 miles from the airport. TripAdvisor has some recommendations for beach restaurants:

www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293984-zfp43-Tel_Aviv_Tel_Aviv_District.html

And I believe that Barry Graham can recommend some as well.

Just another alternative . . .
Thanks for your advice and time, the option to book one extra night is 350 us dollars. If it's not possible to get an early room. We will drop the bags go find breakfast and do some planned sight seeing. Come back and crash out. I think I will give the hotel my mobile number so they can text me if a room becomes available early. Again thanks Edwin

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thanks for your advice and time, the option to book one extra night is 350 us dollars. If it's not possible to get an early room. We will drop the bags go find breakfast and do some planned sight seeing. Come back and crash out. I think I will give the hotel my mobile number so they can text me if a room becomes available early. Again thanks Edwin
If you arrive at your hotel at 7 am, not much is going to be open. Check the times in anything you plan to do. This is one reason we don’t book anyone on flights that arrive that early- you may save a few dollars but having to sit around until you can get a room or a tour ends up costing more than taking a later flight.

Sep 27, 2017
I'd go with peace of mind and book the extra night. Just be sure to emphasize to the hotel your expected arrival time. You do not want to arrive at 7a, only to have the hotel cancel your stay as a 'no show' for the night before!!!

Dec 19, 2014
1) Have you inquired about a day rate at an airport hotel? That way you can shower and relax in the room, perhaps sleep, as red-eye flights often make you more tired than you realize?
2) Pay the extra night rate, and check in upon arrival. That way you know you can access your room and leave your bags there
3) Take your chances. If the hotel has an empty room, they may allow you to check in at 7AM as a courtesy. Unlikely, but possible. Granted once when I arrived to Switzerland on a red-eye flight, and hotel checked us in around 9AM as a courtesy.
4) Hotel may offer to store your bags and allow you to use the pool area to shower and relax. A hotel allowed us to do that in Istanbul when we arrived early.

Jan 6, 2015
I thought about an "airport hotel", but a search doe snot indicate one at the airport itself (or by the hour as some have).

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I always feel grubby after long flights, especially the overnight ones. I've had good luck with hotels letting me use the showers in their gyms if my room isn't ready. You may feel ready for a good meal and sightseeing after a refreshing shower.
This is exactly the plan. If your hotel is at the airport, a room could certainly be available at 7, but if not, being able to shower and change in their fitness facility would make a big difference to you. So delay your arrival as long as you can stand without your face falling into your breakfast plate and take your chances. Ooze with charm and the front desk may just check you right in. I wouldn't pay $350 to check in at 7am either ... I'd find another affordable hotel and book 2 nights. You could research the airport hotels to see if there are any very basic hotels at bottom-level places (Premier Inn in England comes to mind) where you could check in for a few hours. One remote possibility is the availability of an airline or independent airport lounge for you to purchase a day pass to enjoy a shower and some breakfast. Even being able to clean up in the bathroom sink and change clothes would make a big difference. I'm sure you'll figure out something that will work ... enjoy your trip.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is exactly the plan. If your hotel is at the airport, a room could certainly be available at 7, but if not, being able to shower and change in their fitness facility would make a big difference to you. So delay your arrival as long as you can stand without your face falling into your breakfast plate and take your chances. Ooze with charm and the front desk may just check you right in. I wouldn't pay $350 to check in at 7am either ... I'd find another affordable hotel and book 2 nights. You could research the airport hotels to see if there are any very basic hotels at bottom-level places (Premier Inn in England comes to mind) where you could check in for a few hours. One remote possibility is the availability of an airline or independent airport lounge for you to purchase a day pass to enjoy a shower and some breakfast. Even being able to clean up in the bathroom sink and change clothes would make a big difference. I'm sure you'll figure out something that will work ... enjoy your trip.
Let alone being able to take a nap because the jet lag gets to you.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
On one occasion, because of my status with Starwood, the Sheraton Tel Aviv DID let me check in very early, around 8am. This was after two red eyes in a row, one from the USA to London and one from London to Tel Aviv. After doing my morning prayers I lay on the bed for a quick nap and woke up in the middle of the afternoon! This is just to point out that you may not feel up to touring after arriving.

Sep 20, 2015
You also might be able to negotiate a lower rate for the day if they have rooms open. I did this a couple of years ago when I took a redeye to San Juan for business and got in around 6AM. The hotel offered a rate about half the full rate for the extra time, which I took (disclosure: it was a hotel my company uses very often, so they may be more accommodating)