Zappos Rocks

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Zappos is truly amazing. I ordered a pair of sneakers and stupidly had them sent to my old address. I realized what I'd done and called them. 1) They sent me a duplicate pair to my house overnight mail. 2) Today the diverted pair arrived at my house also. 3) I called them to explain that I now had both pairs, and I wanted to send back the duplicate. 4) "No, please keep them. If you really don't want them, please donate them to a charity of your choice." UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE. I will never buy shoes anywhere else again.

Mar 17, 2017
Zappos is truly amazing. I ordered a pair of sneakers and stupidly had them sent to my old address. I realized what I'd done and called them. 1) They sent me a duplicate pair to my house overnight mail. 2) Today the diverted pair arrived at my house also. 3) I called them to explain that I now had both pairs, and I wanted to send back the duplicate. 4) "No, please keep them. If you really don't want them, please donate them to a charity of your choice." UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE. I will never buy shoes anywhere else again.
I will add my wholehearted agreement to your comment. They are truly amazing to deal with and are a great source if you have hard to fit feet.

I'll also add Chewy.com to this list. They are really great for pet supplies and are awesome if you need a return/exchange. When I needed to return something that didn't work for my dog, they refunded my money immediately but had me donate the products to the local animal shelter.

Apr 10, 2017
I can add both Bed Bath & Beyond and Under Armour to your list. I'm a longtime customer of BB&B and they back up their merchandise like no other.

As for UA I placed an order a couple of years ago and FedEx tracking showed that it was delivered to my house that morning at around 9:30. There was nothing on my porch and I looked all around the outside of my house. Nothing. I contacted FedEx and they said it was delivered to my house. While it had never happened before I assumed someone had stolen the merchandise. I called UA to place another order. The guy I spoke with immediately said they'd send out a duplicate order at no charge and with the same 2-day shipping. I certainly never expected that as the clothes going missing wasn't their fault at all. He said they'd be happy to do that as long as I was able to sign for the new delivery. I had the stuff sent to my office and while I was already a fan of their workout gear I became an even bigger one. Perhaps they have insurance to cover this kind of thing but that wouldn't stop most companies from wanting to profit even more from their customers.

Jul 27, 2016
I can add both Bed Bath & Beyond and Under Armour to your list. I'm a longtime customer of BB&B and they back up their merchandise like no other.

As for UA I placed an order a couple of years ago and FedEx tracking showed that it was delivered to my house that morning at around 9:30. There was nothing on my porch and I looked all around the outside of my house. Nothing. I contacted FedEx and they said it was delivered to my house. While it had never happened before I assumed someone had stolen the merchandise. I called UA to place another order. The guy I spoke with immediately said they'd send out a duplicate order at no charge and with the same 2-day shipping. I certainly never expected that as the clothes going missing wasn't their fault at all. He said they'd be happy to do that as long as I was able to sign for the new delivery. I had the stuff sent to my office and while I was already a fan of their workout gear I became an even bigger one. Perhaps they have insurance to cover this kind of thing but that wouldn't stop most companies from wanting to profit even more from their customers.
BB&B's return policy for baby stuff (especially from their Buy Buy Baby division) is pretty draconian, though: no returns on anything that's been used, even if the product is defective.

Apr 10, 2017
BB&B's return policy for baby stuff (especially from their Buy Buy Baby division) is pretty draconian, though: no returns on anything that's been used, even if the product is defective.
I have never bought any of their baby stuff, either from them or Buy Buy Baby. I do remember seeing a thread on here about a defective baby product from them. I commented that it was a vastly different policy from their parent store.

Jul 27, 2016
I have never bought any of their baby stuff, either from them or Buy Buy Baby. I do remember seeing a thread on here about a defective baby product from them. I commented that it was a vastly different policy from their parent store.
Well, the policy is the same across both stores, it's just limited to baby products. Bed Bath has the same restriction.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
That was DEF not the experience my daughter has had with BB&B or Buy Buy Baby. She returned and/or exchanged quite a few items.
Some new some used. Some defective and some ok but just not to her liking or standards. No problem, ever.

May 17, 2016
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't take back a defective product. And why would anyone take back a used item, unless you could show it was defective?

Jul 27, 2016
That was DEF not the experience my daughter has had with BB&B or Buy Buy Baby. She returned and/or exchanged quite a few items.
Some new some used. Some defective and some ok but just not to her liking or standards. No problem, ever.
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't take back a defective product. And why would anyone take back a used item, unless you could show it was defective?
See this thread: http://forum.elliott.org/threads/no-exchange-of-defective-item.6376/

They ended up making an exception, but the staff were apparently quite clear - no returns on any baby item that's been opened, even if it's defective. The policy's clearly absurd, I really doubt it would stand up in court (merchantability and all that), and I really doubt it would hold up to a credit card chargeback, but it is the policy.

May 4, 2017
I haven't had that problem with BB&B- is it that they won't exchange used merchandise even if it is defective or that they won't refund used merchandise that is defective?

The first would be draconian... the second seems pretty standard.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
I am positive this has to do with consumer safety laws. I don't think you are allowed to re-sell an open-box item like a car seat or crib bedding or stuff like that. The big box stores like Target and ToysRUs can eat the losses, but a retail chain that doesn't specialize in infants/babies things may not be able to.

They ended up making an exception, but the staff were apparently quite clear - no returns on any baby item that's been opened, even if it's defective.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
I am positive this has to do with consumer safety laws. I don't think you are allowed to re-sell an open-box item like a car seat or crib bedding or stuff like that. The big box stores like Target and ToysRUs can eat the losses, but a retail chain that doesn't specialize in infants/babies things may not be able to.
The linked post was about Buy Buy Baby who is owned by Bed Bath and Beyond. Surely they could exchange a defective item since it should be returned to the manufacturer.