Why is a landline useful?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 28, 2018
I think it is a good idea to have a land line. because it is great, when storms hit and you lose power your phone will still work, as long as it is a phone that does not have a answering machine or wireless phones as they need to have power to make them work. so just a plain old telephone is wise to have.i have Verizon home phone service plus Fios for tv and internet and cell phone, works great! I still use my home phone quite often, don't need to charge it, very secure cell's are not, plus cellphone have been proven to be a health concern, radiation from cell signal . I use both but prefer land line also not a big fan of texting its so impersonal

Feb 28, 2018
In my recent conversation with AT&T I was informed lthat in the near future AT&T will no longer install landline residential service, that existing landline accounts will be maintained, but that if I cancel our landline service it will NOT be reinstalled.. AT&T has not yet decided if it will reinstall landline service to a new address if I move. The reason I was given is that maintenance and home service calls on landline service is too costly for AT&T to continue.on new accounts.