Want your cable unbundled? Careful what you ask for

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Who will benefit more from cable TV unbundling?

• Consumers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cable TV companies

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Dec 26, 2014
I voted for the cable TV companies, but in all honesty, I've been one of those wishing to pick my channels. And if it were ideal, I'd be able to exclude even extremely popular ones such as QVC and Fox News that usually come with the basic or near-basic services, and add ones that my local Comcast affiliate doesn't currently provide even with their broadest package. And I'd like to add channels (and then remove them) on a moment's notice, such as if I learn that a favorite singer is going to be on a show the next day on a channel I didn't originally choose. I'd pay reasonable fees to do this. By reasonable, I mean a total of up to $5 to add and drop and for the time I have this extra channel.