• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Volcano

Oct 8, 2018
I've read a lot here about travel insurance but don't remember any answers to something like this. I'm planning a trip to the Philippines next April. Would insurance cover me if the Taal Volcano erupts before then even though I'm booking after it started sending plumes of ash?
Thanks.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I've read a lot here about travel insurance but don't remember any answers to something like this. I'm planning a trip to the Philippines next April. Would insurance cover me if the Taal Volcano erupts before then even though I'm booking after it started sending plumes of ash?
Thanks.
The volcano is already erupting. Insurance is unlikely to cover this but you need to contact the insurance agencies directly and ask them.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/asia/taal-volcano-philippines-fatal-attraction-intl-hnk/index.html

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Reactions: Skippy and Patina
Jun 24, 2019
Keep in mind that if you have, let's say, air and other things booked that the question and thus the answer is more complicated. Maybe your air gets cancelled because of an eruption, but the cruise you were flying to does not. So you would not only need coverage for volcano related issues but the coverage needs to extend to all non-refundable expenses that you do not wish to self-insure.

Oct 8, 2018
Thanks for the help. I'm still investigating. Nothing is paid for yet so I want to make sure that I select the most appropriate policy.