1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Violation of human right to call

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Nate Hergert, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realitoes

Nate, you have received a lot of good opinions and advise. We could continuing batting this back and forth, but that is not going to resolve your situation.

In this case, since you haven't been able to get Verizon to come around, I believe @AAGK advise in post #6 is something you should consider.

Best of luck.

Neil and kenish like this.
  2. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

If you are paying more than the average American for your phone plan, then change your phone plan and find a less expensive one. Phone plans change all the time, call the company you have your device through and ask them for a less expensive service.

There are millions of other people with disabilities that are able to use cell phones. As I said before- how did you manage before we had cell phones with video?

3. Joe Farrell

more? Sure. Drinking water from a tap is not a right. Its a condition of society.
    There was no 'tap' 150 years ago - dd they have a right? No. Because its not a basic human right. Clean water - not a right. Its a judgment call. Human judgment decrees such and so is 'necessary,' but its not osmething you are born with.

There is no human right to make a phone call.

Even if you are deaf or unable to call - your 'right' is created by statute. Thus- its not a right. its a guarantee of access to a telecommunications device in your home. There is no right to a telecom device in Peru, or China. Thus, its not a right.

Anything you PAY for is not a right. Health care- not a right. Water - not a right. Food, not a right. People starve all the time.

Your God given right is the liberty. To make choices for yourself. Everything else is created by law.

what if I say I have a right to only date blondes with certain preferred hysical characteristics and I get a government to say thats a right . . . is it? Its the same with your telecom 'dilemma.' Its a value judgment expressed in a rule. Those are not rights and change on a whim.

bill_the_cat and Mike Z like this.
  4. AAGK

If it is any consolation, even with unlimited data, your phone will either not get a signal or have a dead battery just when you need it most anyway, like the rest of us.

5. Joe Farrell

What you are saying, boiled down to its root, is that society must pay for your lack of hearing.

Why?

It is YOUR value judgment. You are entitled to your opinion right up until it hits my pocket book.

I have Type II diabetes. Should you pay for my increased meal cost because I eat more vegetables and protein rather than cheap carbohydrates?

I am presently funding your services with my phone bill taxes.

Isn't the 'right' to health also a right you would agree with?

So should I send you my increased food bills? We can see what 'normal' non-diabetic person at my age pays for food - and you can pay my increased cost because I eat better.

I can appreciate intellectually the difficulties living in a world without sound creates. But it does any additional rights . . .

Sam, bill_the_cat, Neil and 4 others like this.
  6. Grant Ritchie

Grant Ritchie Dependable adequacy :-)

And on that note...

...this thread is closed.

Grant

Sam, bill_the_cat, mmb and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.