Verizon landline issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 9, 2018
Hi there have a order that they won’t release I been with ever dept have the information date time and agents name saying that service will be on the June 10 from 8-5 now there refusing to have it expidate due to seizures there I been at this since the 3 of June and there is a medical emergency at the house that needs service ASAP

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Could you be more specific? You placed an order and they said service will be on June 10. Today is June 9. That means the service should be on tomorrow.
The main offices may be closed until Monday. If they aren't there between 8 - tomorrow, you have an issue but at this point how much faster do you want them to be there?

Here are our company contacts if the service isn't on by Monday. http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/verizon-communications-inc/

How are you communicating with them if you have no service? I am assuming you have a cell phone? If you do and can't call 911 from your phone, find the number of the police department or fire department in your area and program it into your cell phone so you can dial the actual number in case you have an emergency between today and tomorrow.

Jun 9, 2018
I use my neighbor phone when she is home and the due date for the order is 6/10/2019 they said but won’t and are refusing to update it

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
2019?????? How can they take an order and tell you it will be a year before you get it?

I am absolutely lost with your post. Can you be specific? What date you placed the order, what are they doing - coming to hook up a whole new landline? Is there already wiring in the house? Did they give you any dates before June 10? What do you mean "they said it won't?" They won't be there? What is their reasoning?

Do you have any other options for a phone besides Verizon?

Jun 9, 2018
Placed it on the 3 of June it was so post to be s self installed order. The jacks inside are done and the outside box is ready with the wiring to the pole.they won’t fix the due date for activation the 2019 has to be updated .

Jun 9, 2018
Have a issue about landline phone order they won’t fix the activation date it is June 10,2019 and I been with every department so far since the order got placed on June 3 and also I had the outside work done ready to go and inside work done ready to go there but just are not getting help from anyone because our family has a disabled member and I can’t keep usuing my neighbors phone to make the calls in

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use the link to the company contacts I posted above. Read information about how to write - start with Customer Service, give them a week to reply, if they don't or don't help - write to the first executive. Repeat if necessary.

It is absolutely ridiculous for them to give you a 2019 date. If you use our company contacts you will be dealing with the national offices not your local office.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
And do it in writing via email. Then you have it in black and white and no misinterpretation of what was said. But you must be very specific when you write because I couldn’t figure out what you are talking about.

Do you by any chance have copper wire in your house? Verizon is stopping installation of copper in many locations and going to fiber, which requires you to have FIOS installed. Are you trying to sign up for the phone by ordering FIOS?

Sep 19, 2015
Did you just move to the area? Is this a new building construction? Is the wiring already done to the pole? I am just really confused as how someone can be told that the date to be activated is in 2019.

Jun 9, 2018
i been here to the address had a account and service in 2017 becasue i am disabled with seizures also the wiring at the pole is done and installd a box on the house and the wiring inside the jacks are done ahve photos of it if you want it they said the due date is june 10 ,19 but wont fix it for tomorrow date 2018 please help me out asap

Jun 9, 2018
And do it in writing via email. Then you have it in black and white and no misinterpretation of what was said. But you must be very specific when you write because I couldn’t figure out what you are talking about.

Do you by any chance have copper wire in your house? Verizon is stopping installation of copper in many locations and going to fiber, which requires you to have FIOS installed. Are you trying to sign up for the phone by ordering FIOS?
i have copper wiring in the house yes i had service before at the address but now need help on that issue

Jun 9, 2018
sorry i had service since 2017 and there was a computer issue that accident turned it off and now they wont turn service abck on with a new number they gave me

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Well I certainly did not get that from any of your posts. What is their reasoning for not turning it back on? What exactly have they said?

Do you have an email trail of all your correspondence?

If I were you I would suggest you get yourself a cell phone if you haven’t had phone service since 2017 and you have a seizure disorder.

Jun 9, 2018
they said it will be on june 10,19 but then they said wait till monday form 8-5 but this is 2018 they wont fix the due date from 2019 to 2018 .i had service from 2017 landline

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Well can’t upu wait unt tomorrow and see if they show up?

We are really having trouble helping you because your story changes and we still don’t know exactly what is going on. Here are my questions-

1. When did they turn off the service?
2. Was it their computer that made the error? What kind of computer error caused them to cancel the service? This doesn’t usually happen- there is usually some kind of contact that occurs that causes this. Had you called with a question about your service that some one misunderstood?
3. Do you have emails between you and the company that would tell us what their response has been about correcting it?

There is more to this that you aren’t telling us.

You aren’t giving us enough to figure out what happened. I’m out of ideas except advising you to correspond by email with them using our contacts.