Verizon Fios No Show

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 21, 2014
I was scheduled to have Verizon Fios Triple Play installed today. The Tech was to arrive between 8AM-Noon. Like a flashback into the 1980's - 90s, they never showed up. Not even a phone call to say they were running late. At around 11:30AM, I went online to look at the work order, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I see a notice saying: We are sorry, but your Verizon technician has been delayed. If you need further info, call 1-800-Verizon. I didn't need further info, I needed the Tech to be there by Noon, as I had things to tend to in the afternoon.
So, basically, they knew the Tech was going to be late, but no one had the decency to call and let me know, as I could've been doing a number of things with this time! So, I waited until 12:05PM and left.
I did write an email to the customer service rep that I was dealing with, Michael C Rayfield, about the situation but still have not heard back.
To say that I was livid for wasting the entire morning, is putting it lightly. They had my, and my wife's cell phone numbers, yet no communication.
If I was to reschedule with them, and I'm not sure I will, should I expect some sort of compensation for my wasted time? Is there someone at Verizon that I could call and complain to, other than a Customer Service minion?
I'd love to hear some other similar stories and outcomes, in the meantime.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
I like your reference to the 90s bc that is so how it used to be. I have time warner and the last 3 spots I had, they gave me only a one hour arrival window and the guy actually came early! So there is no excuse for the no show. Unfortunately, there is no compensation you are entitled to but I imagine they would easily give you a credit to your account for like $50. Just call them and nicely explain your inconvenience when scheduling your next appt and if they are like time warner has been lately, they will have no problem crediting your account. If they don't then perhaps it is time to look at other providers in your area.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Well, you said you looked at your email at 11:30. What time did they actually send the email? Was it at 9:30 and you just didn't see it? Why didn't you call them back? Maybe the tech was running 15 minutes late and was going to be there at 12:15. Stuff happens, especially with service people. Most places these days won't give you anything less than a five-hour window.

Nov 21, 2014
Well, you said you looked at your email at 11:30. What time did they actually send the email? Was it at 9:30 and you just didn't see it? Why didn't you call them back? Maybe the tech was running 15 minutes late and was going to be there at 12:15. Stuff happens, especially with service people. Most places these days won't give you anything less than a five-hour window.
AMA...What email??? There was never an email from them at 11:30! I never said that!! I checked an email they had sent a week ago, when the work order was made, and there was a link that I clicked on that led me their web site that had the message about the Tech being late.
I tried to keep my post short, so I also skipped the part where I mentioned to the Customer Support Rep that I had to get my Mom (who's 95, and lives about a half hour away) to her dental appointment at 2 pm. Though he said he'd try and get the Tech to come earlier, I also understand that it might not be possible, so I didn't hold him to that. I also had my wife ready to come home for lunch, as I would only be able to stay until 1pm, should the Tech not show up until Noon (Rep said it would take up to 2 hours to install)...so I covered all my bases here...
Folks, please read the whole post before changing the details, and trying to find cracks in my story...it's truth, not fiction....4 hours should have been more than enough time....

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Dear @guest4254, every Advocate and Staff member on this site is an unpaid volunteer who are spending our extra day off or evenings in an attempt to help people just like you.
We are here to help you and not argue with you. You have had much time to think about what has happened and how you have been mistreated. On the other hand "we" the volunteer Advocates have only had a very short time to try and understand the ins and the outs of your particular situation. Unfortunately when people come to us they try to tell their story based on how they see it, sometimes in the telling small details get left out. Not intentionally but every crumb may have importance that you may not be aware of.
Please be patient and remember we are here to help you.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
I had FIOS for several years before I moved to an area where it didn't exist. As I recall it took about 2 hours to install. My technician called prior to coming and was on time. Yours should've called you when they realized they were running late.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/verizon-communications-inc/ has a list of our contacts, including Verizon's customer service email. Write a short, polite email to them explaining your technician failed to show and did not contact you, and you would like compensation (say, 50% off your first month of service).

Wait a week. If they don't respond or you need to appeal, use our executive contacts - one at a time - in the order they're listed. Don't email all the contacts at once. This decreases your chances of a successful resolution if you do.

There's nothing more aggravating than taking time off work to have it wasted on something like this. Good luck.

Aug 28, 2015
I think that your best option is to talk to their sales team about rescheduling, but only with a courtesy credit applied for your inconvenience. They want and need your business so you have a reason that they will listen to you.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
"At around 11:30AM, I went online to look at the work order, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I see a notice saying: We are sorry, but your Verizon technician has been delayed. If you need further info, call 1-800-Verizon." Forgive me for misunderstanding.

Nov 21, 2014
Not a problem AMA, I was having an all around horrible day...hope I didn't offend...
Anyway I did get an email this morning from the Customer Service Rep, apologizing for dropping the ball. To compensate, he waived the $80 installation fee, and credited our first month, which I find quite acceptable. Now to try and find a time for them to come back to do the install.
Thanks for all your replies!

Jan 22, 2015
Not a problem AMA, I was having an all around horrible day...hope I didn't offend...
Anyway I did get an email this morning from the Customer Service Rep, apologizing for dropping the ball. To compensate, he waived the $80 installation fee, and credited our first month, which I find quite acceptable. Now to try and find a time for them to come back to do the install.
It's nice to see a company stand up with a real apology. Hopefully they will be on time for your install

Oct 16, 2015
I was scheduled to have Verizon Fios Triple Play installed today. The Tech was to arrive between 8AM-Noon. Like a flashback into the 1980's - 90s, they never showed up. Not even a phone call to say they were running late. At around 11:30AM, I went online to look at the work order, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I see a notice saying: We are sorry, but your Verizon technician has been delayed. If you need further info, call 1-800-Verizon. I didn't need further info, I needed the Tech to be there by Noon, as I had things to tend to in the afternoon.
So, basically, they knew the Tech was going to be late, but no one had the decency to call and let me know, as I could've been doing a number of things with this time! So, I waited until 12:05PM and left.
I did write an email to the customer service rep that I was dealing with, Michael C Rayfield, about the situation but still have not heard back.
To say that I was livid for wasting the entire morning, is putting it lightly. They had my, and my wife's cell phone numbers, yet no communication.
If I was to reschedule with them, and I'm not sure I will, should I expect some sort of compensation for my wasted time? Is there someone at Verizon that I could call and complain to, other than a Customer Service minion?
I'd love to hear some other similar stories and outcomes, in the meantime.

Oct 16, 2015
It might be 'fun' to try and get compensation, but probably a waste of your time. I am not an attorney, but I'm guessing you would have to show damages; probably work related.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Good to hear, I'm glad it was resolved for you.