Van issue in Ireland

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 19, 2015
Don't go all the way to the CEO. Start with the first (lowestT)executive be and give him a week to reply. If he says no or doesn't reply,move to the next one. Repeat weekly.
Neil the OP has written to the first two contact and had no response. last time was 10/26 to secondary contact -- they do not seem to be responding

Sep 19, 2015
JSN55 the problem is that with different cars the different specifications are just suggestions -- the VW maxi only claims to carry 2 large bags and 3 small. Using the dimensions that airlines use -- like Air Lingus, large being max check in and small being carry on, 2 large bags does not equal 4 small -- (the dimensions of four small exceed 2 large) the descriptions are very vague, because they have to be -- a car for four passengers may not be adequate for four Samoan rugby players. A person not knowing the car model well can only guess if it will be adequate.

I have been amazed by some car models that I have rented which have such badly designed trunks and the capacity is much less than what I thought. It is a risk to try and put in the maximum amount of passengers as well as luggage when reserving a car, and gambling on the particular model being available.

A traveler with 7 people and luggage can reserve a 9 person van to be safe,

And Hertz has this nice disclaimer:

The vehicles shown are examples. Specific models within a car class may vary in availability and features, such as passenger seating, luggage capacity and mileage

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Neil the OP has written to the first two contact and had no response. last time was 10/26 to secondary contact -- they do not seem to be responding
Then it’s time to go to the CEO if they haven’t Responded. Which is odd because that’s not what usually happens.

I would also state that you wrote to the other executives and you have been ignored.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
JSN55 the problem is that with different cars the different specifications are just suggestions -- the VW maxi only claims to carry 2 large bags and 3 small. Using the dimensions that airlines use -- like Air Lingus, large being max check in and small being carry on, 2 large bags does not equal 4 small -- (the dimensions of four small exceed 2 large) the descriptions are very vague, because they have to be -- a car for four passengers may not be adequate for four Samoan rugby players. A person not knowing the car model well can only guess if it will be adequate.

I have been amazed by some car models that I have rented which have such badly designed trunks and the capacity is much less than what I thought. It is a risk to try and put in the maximum amount of passengers as well as luggage when reserving a car, and gambling on the particular model being available.

A traveler with 7 people and luggage can reserve a 9 person van to be safe,

And Hertz has this nice disclaimer:

The vehicles shown are examples. Specific models within a car class may vary in availability and features, such as passenger seating, luggage capacity and mileage
All this has been stated 9 times in this thread. I happen to believe that companies should offer their customers the best they have ... always.

Nov 19, 2017
I am thrilled to report that I heard back from Hertz and they have agreed that I am due a refund for the “upgrade” fee I was charged. Thank you all so much for your advice and assistance. And thank you to Hertz. My confidence is restored and Hertz will continue to be my go to for all car rental needs.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am thrilled to report that I heard back from Hertz and they have agreed that I am due a refund for the “upgrade” fee I was charged. Thank you all so much for your advice and assistance. And thank you to Hertz. My confidence is restored and Hertz will continue to be my go to for all car rental needs.
I KNEW IT!!! Great news and thanks so much for letting us know. We LOVE happy endings.