United Chase trip insurance

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 3, 2018
My husband and I were set to fly out to Bonaire on May 5,2018 for 2 weeks. 2 days ahead I ended up in the hospital with A Fib and could not fly out till the following Saturday. United rebooked us with only a change fee that was immediately reimbursed when I submitted the paperwork. I am now fighting for reimbursement for the first week condo rental. Actually I just wanted half of the first week rental as there was another couple involved for half the cost. I mistakenly was too honest and told this to trip insurance company that Chase United Visa uses, eclaimsline, and have now been denied due to that honesty. Had I not mentioned that and requested the whole weeks reimbursement it probably would have gone through. I do not regret being honest but wanted to let you know that trip insurance will do anything to get out of paying and only because it was free through Chase, it wasn’t.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You can appeal a denial. Do you have proof of what you paid with receipts from the condo rental?

It shouldn’t matter there was someone else there as long as you have receipts or a credit card statement showing proof of payment.

What was the exact wording of the denial?sne we can assist with an appeal.

Jun 3, 2018
You can appeal a denial. Do you have proof of what you paid with receipts from the condo rental?

It shouldn’t matter there was someone else there as long as you have receipts or a credit card statement showing proof of payment.

What was the exact wording of the denial?sne we can assist with an appeal.
There were 2 different responses. One said “2 weeks all used by other couple- per night rate not per person-claim denied due to the full 2 weeks used (CH and spouse did not go but other couple did.”
The other one just said “the benefit provides coverage for eligible prepaid unused expenses. The claimed expense was used. “

I am the insured and did not use the first week so I don’t know how they can do this.

Jul 27, 2016
To clarify, you were paying for the condo, but it was supposed to be shared with the other couple? If so, since the condo was actually used by someone you authorized, then I can't imagine that any travel insurance would reimburse, since the service was provided. You'd need to collect from the other couple, who got the condo to themselves.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It sounds like what they are saying is the other couple should be repaying you because they had full use of the rental. If you think of this in terms of a cruise - if you and a friend had a cabin together, and you got sick and couldn’t go- you friend would have to pay for the cabin themselves. This is the same thing so I understand what they are saying.

In essence, the other couple had use of and advantage of the full rental and enjoyed it. They should be repaying you for your portion of the rental as in the case of a cruise cabin.

Did the other couple have insurance? Some travel insurance covers you for the “single supplement” that you would have to pay in the case of the cruise cabin and they should put in a claim with their insurance company. Otherwise- they owe you for your half of the condo.