Undeliverable Customer Service Emails

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 30, 2017
I inadvertently charged an amazon order to the incorrect card and want to charge it to the correct card. First, I reached out via email to the seller and was told they can't refund and recharge a new card. Then, I contacted Amazon and explained my mistake. They told me they could do it via an online form and sent me a link. I completed the information as requested in the form and received an email back -- text copied and pasted below:

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com. You've written to an e-mail address that does not accept incoming messages, and
we want to make sure you find answers to any questions you may have.

I reached out to customer service via phone and explained the previous two steps I had taken. The agent on the phone immediately filed an AtoZ guarantee claim on my behalf. I had never heard of this, but I took the phone agent's advice. Within a few hours, I received an email from Amazon asking for more details. The instructions read, "Reply to this email". I replied with the same facts, and received an email back -- text copied and pasted below:

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com. You've written to an e-mail address that does not accept incoming messages, and
we want to make sure you find answers to any questions you may have.

I am frustrated. I am working as hard as I can to resolve a mistake that I know was mine, but how does one continue a conversation with Amazon when their own instructions are meaningless?

Aug 30, 2017
I should note that both cards are in my name and have the same billing address, and the item in question was shipped to that billing address. I have read lots of stories about Amazon questioning CC issues with mismatched names/addresses, but this is not one of those cases.

Aug 30, 2017
It was delivered and is being used. I didn't realize it was on the other card until I saw the statement. My issue with Amazon is twofold -- 1. In the information age, how hard can it be to charge my other card, and 2. When they advise you on how to fix a problem, including how to contact them with information they've requested, why are all the contact methods broken?

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@sarapv Believe it or not its for your protection. Most of the time, agents can't access or use profiled cards on closed orders. It keeps the fraud way down.

Return the item and repurchase is probably your best bet

Feb 9, 2016
It was delivered and is being used. I didn't realize it was on the other card until I saw the statement. My issue with Amazon is twofold -- 1. In the information age, how hard can it be to charge my other card, and 2. When they advise you on how to fix a problem, including how to contact them with information they've requested, why are all the contact methods broken?
Yep...I've had that happen to me before too. I get what you are saying about, why not just swap the card being charged but I think this boils down to needing to process a return on the item to make sure their chain of documentation on the purchase stays intact.

If they don't process a formal refund (which they would need to track the item as returned into their warehouse in order to do) if they just swapped cards as payment then you could come back to them and say "why did you charge me again?"

It gets hairy if they do what you want them to do and, to them, it may feel sneaky.