Trip Advisor misusing my profile avatar

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 30, 2015
North Laurasia
I've been on Trip Advisor for years and actually find it very helpful.
But today I looked at my account (which shows all the reviews) and noticed my avatar on the left side under their "Travelers Talk About". There was my avatar at the very top with the words "Chicken Noodle Soup" after it.
I never said those words. I've never ordered chicken noodle soup in a restaurant and never ever wrote those words in any review I've ever made...and I"ve made a bunch.
What TA is doing is advertising TA using my avatar.
Now I don't MIND this but for god's sakes, make it accurate and true!!
I tried to "contact' them but all you get is sent to their "Help Center" which has just a few problems of any sort. There's no way you can contact them with a problem with their content or use thereof.
So I went here and found the address 'help@tripadvisorsupport.com"...and got a Do Not Reply email back saying my complaint was not submitted and go to their Help Center for Help! Back on the merrygoround that is useless!

THEN I tried to notify you (elliott.org) that the email address doesn't work and it wouldn't submit.

So.....one, Chris, unfortunately, your address for TA isn't working, and two, I would like to know how to tell Trip Advisor that I don't want quotes attributed to me, my account, or my avatar that I did not make. Oh, and three, this website...elliott.org will not allow me to attach a screen shot of the Trip Advisor misquote. I am getting a 'server error occurred" error message

How do I tell Trip Advisor to stop misquoting me?

Oct 30, 2015
North Laurasia
:) Ahhh, but I do have this website. Sometimes I bet, when I contact a business that has bent over backward to avoid giving a customer any sort of contact information, I bet they say, darn it, who ratted us out.
Thank you again!!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You are so right! Chris just wrote about a company who is demanding that he remove their contact information from our site. I somehow doubt that he will.

Oct 30, 2015
North Laurasia
Good for him. I'm sure that company-if I have ever in my entire life dealt with it...still has all MY information. Sad to say, there's a lot of companies that would much rather you don't contact them with your piddlyass little problems like...whatever it is you bought BROKE out of the box...etc...