1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Time Warner as Spectrum is awful

Discussion in 'Subscription TV' started by AAGK, Mar 23, 2017.

1. AAGK

I have always had excellent service pre-merger. Now it is a disaster. If anyone else has experienced similar deficiencies, please post to this thread.

2. Intrepid Senior

Yes, the merger provides poorer service. The ads for Spectrum promise a "new day" not better service or more service or lower cost. Just a "new day" whatever that is supposed to mean.

I can no longer get the Turner Classic Movies on demand on my ipad. You used to be able to search for all kinds of films for streaming. Not any more. This feature "might" be revived in 2018. Maybe.

Net neutrality looks like something that Spectrum is planning against. I've seen ads for a business service of faster internet connections. This is a big fight that consumers are likely to lose given the current Congress. I get my internet now from Spectrum.

AAGK likes this.
  3. technomage1

Staff Member Forum Director

I got an ad promising faster service for about 1/3 of my current TWC bill. I have my severe doubts.

AAGK likes this.
  4. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

I've never heard good things about them

AAGK likes this.
  5. AAGK

@Intrepid Senior, there was a massive problem with folks accessing the content on iPads/iPhones. Supposedly they are working on it. I was unable to access HBO to go for a while as well.
    Techno, if they come through, please post here.
    SAS, you heard right bc they are bad. It seems beyond simple growing pains, the quality is just worse in all respects. The past few years I started to really like T/W bc they improved drastically from back in the day.
    Now on to ATT Wireless, pulling some new nonsense I will have to sort out.

6. technomage1

Staff Member Forum Director

I finallly got around to calling them. I told the rep I wasn't interested in tv or phone, but wanted to see what options there were. He said okay, then put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with an offer to double my speed for $15 a month less than what I paid before. No contact and I keep all the same equipment.

So I was impressed and appreciative he didn't try to sell me anything I didn't want. I've had the service for about 2 months and it seems faster and so far no problems.

VoR61 likes this.
  7. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

As they say, WOW, just wow! So good to know there are CS reps out there who do such a good job.

VoR61 likes this.
  8. Mike Z

Staff Member Advocate

I had Time Warner and it switched to Spectrum and I have had nothing but complaints since January. Internet speed slows down all the time and in some cases it has gone to zero speed. It seems to have gotten better over the last few months but I'm still unhappy as it is not as good as it was a year back with just plain Time Warner. Even the DVR service peeves me off. Now instead of just showing the program on the DVR and allowing me to watch it, it has to go out to the internet and load the info to show me, meaning if there are issues with the internet I can't even watch a show on the DVR!!!

For over a month there was four shows I had on my DVR that I knew had been recorded but when I went to watch them, they would just disappear. It was a miracle when I randomly checked last night and suddently I was able to watch the shows.

The internet problems I was dealing with caused me to spend several hundred dollars on new network cables and on a new router and even after I still had the same issues. I really think the problem is that I am in an apartment building and their service to the building just cannot handle the service they claim I am supposed to get with what I am paying for. I honestly don't know how it worked before though.

9. ADM

ADM

I agree. They were bad enough when they were TWC and now it's even worse. I'm doing my third live chat to get a billing issue resolved. They made me call a phone number the first time and that was a total waste. If this doesn't work I'm working my way up the corporate contact email tree.

jsn55 likes this.
  10. Just A Guy

Have you connected a laptop directly to the modem, to see what the speed there is? That would help you narrow down if the problem is the broadband connection or the wifi.

jsn55 and George M like this.
  11. cp556

cp556 Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

I posted to our Staff Forum about my experience becoming a new customer of Time Warner/Spectrum ... but thought I would share here...

We were having major issues with their establishing an installation date for new service and after speaking with eight people, I'd had it. (C'mon, asking for one of four dates 3+ weeks in the future isn't asking too much, I think.)

The Elliott COMPANY CONTACTS (see top of this page) gave me the name of the VP of Customer Care and the main phone number. I called and left a voicemail for him. Within ONE HOUR I received a call back from a lady in Executive Customer Relations who listened to my saga, said "we're going to take care of this", and asked if I'd accept a return phone call. Sure, I would :)

Two hours later: a phone call from a very nice young man confirming my first choice of date and a one-hour window for the tech's arrival. Can't ask for more!!

The positive outcome was solely because I knew of and used Elliott's Company Contacts. Thanks to those who volunteer their time to collect and publish this important information.

Carrie Livingston likes this.