Thx Elliott

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 3, 2017
Happened across the site while preparing for a move with my Dish subscription. I wanted to upgrade to a Hopper and a couple Joeys but keep my costs about the same.

Despite being a customer of 12 years, there was only so much leeway their CSRs could give me. I contacted Dish through the escalation/retention contact you provided and was answered almost immediately by phone and email by a terrific rep.

Although he could not waive the monthly equipment fees, he was able to give me $5 off/month for autopay for 24 months (length of contract) and another $10 off/month for a year as a long time customer, considering of course I'm with a relatively bare bones Flex Pack service.

While he was at it, he upgraded me from the Hopper to the Hopper3 (Sling) with wireless Joeys.

In conjunction with Dish Mover, there were no installation fees, not even for the upgrade from basic HD. And I have three months of virtually all the subscription movie channels. Only have to make sure I cancel prior to the end of the free offer. That's ok. I'm filling up the DVR as we speak.

Oh yeah, they've even thrown in the occasional free Dish movie rental (48 hour access).

Thanks for giving me an inside track.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Happened across the site while preparing for a move with my Dish subscription. I wanted to upgrade to a Hopper and a couple Joeys but keep my costs about the same.

Despite being a customer of 12 years, there was only so much leeway their CSRs could give me. I contacted Dish through the escalation/retention contact you provided and was answered almost immediately by phone and email by a terrific rep.

Although he could not waive the monthly equipment fees, he was able to give me $5 off/month for autopay for 24 months (length of contract) and another $10 off/month for a year as a long time customer, considering of course I'm with a relatively bare bones Flex Pack service.

While he was at it, he upgraded me from the Hopper to the Hopper3 (Sling) with wireless Joeys.

In conjunction with Dish Mover, there were no installation fees, not even for the upgrade from basic HD. And I have three months of virtually all the subscription movie channels. Only have to make sure I cancel prior to the end of the free offer. That's ok. I'm filling up the DVR as we speak.

Oh yeah, they've even thrown in the occasional free Dish movie rental (48 hour access).

Thanks for giving me an inside track.
Thank YOU for letting us know ... we really appreciate the intel so we can help others. Happy this worked out so well.