• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Thanks Spirit!

Teri Bergin

Staff Member
Advocate
Mar 12, 2016
Orlando, Florida
I thought (for a few minutes) that I was going to spend next week in the US Virgin Islands, but the hotel fell through right after I made the plane reservations. I was a bit panicky because my Spirit Airlines flight was tomorrow. I called them and they cancelled the reservation and are returning the funds to my credit card. I wanted to share their great customer service with you.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
ALWAYS good to hear about good CS, Teri. And especially from a no-frills airline. Thanks for posting this. I hope you are rebooking the trip right now!

Reactions: Teri Bergin

Teri Bergin

Staff Member
Advocate
Mar 12, 2016
Orlando, Florida
I'm packed and leaving in the morning. And I did book on Spirit.

Being a regular here, I was/am a bit worried. Especially because my dad is bringing his motorized scooter for the first time.

But they had the only non-stop from Orlando.

I will hopefully have a good report tomorrow.

Reactions: Warren and jsn55

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
So, you were able to cancel because you were within the 24-hour rule?
OR, was this gesture outside of the regular rules?
Was this cancellation in any way given because of your status on Elliott.org?
I just think it would be important to know that, so other readers don’t get the idea that Spirit would just cancel any ticket and give your money back.

May 7, 2019
So, you were able to cancel because you were within the 24-hour rule?
OR, was this gesture outside of the regular rules?
Was this cancellation in any way given because of your status on Elliott.org?
I just think it would be important to know that, so other readers don’t get the idea that Spirit would just cancel any ticket and give your money back.
Agreed: Don’t see how the 24-hour rule would apply, given that the flight was scheduled to depart within 7 days of booking.

Teri Bergin

Staff Member
Advocate
Mar 12, 2016
Orlando, Florida
Agreed: Don’t see how the 24-hour rule would apply, given that the flight was scheduled to depart within 7 days of booking.
The 24-hour rule didn't apply because I made the reservation yesterday for a flight today. They did not have to give me my money back, but they did.

I certainly used the tips I learned on Elliott.org. I knew that they could hold my feet to the flames and I was polite and pleasant.

Last edited:

Teri Bergin

Staff Member
Advocate
Mar 12, 2016
Orlando, Florida
So overall, Spirit was great.

Recap, I am traveling with my parents (in their 80's) and my dad has a motor scooter.

We arrived at Orlando International Airport and two baggage attendants walked right up, helped us print out our boarding passes, grabbed our bags and checked them in. They guided us to the handicapped line.

We couldn't be happier with Spirit's service.

May 7, 2019
The 24-hour rule didn't apply because I made the reservation yesterday for a flight today. They did not have to give me my money back, but they did.

I certainly used the tips I learned on Elliott.org. I knew that they could hold my feet to the flames and I was polite and pleasant.
And that’s what makes Spirit’s gesture remarkable. Congratulations!