1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Thai Airways: ticket correction needed?

Discussion in 'Airlines' started by swyeh, Apr 2, 2016.

1. swyeh

My husband and I have tickets to travel roundtrip from Hong Kong to Phuket by Thai Airways. My husband booked the tickets through Travelocity. He left out our middle names because the field wasn't mandatory (unlike first and last names), but now the non-refundable ticket names do not match our passports (which do include middle names).

We would like to have a strong confirmation that the missing middle names won't cause us a problem when we get to the airport in Hong Kong to board the flight to Thailand. Alternatively, if the middle names can be added to our tickets so the names match our passports, our concerns would also be alleviated.

Thank you in advance for any advice and insights!!

Sincerely,
    swyeh

2. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

You'll be fine. Airline typically do not have middle name ability in the booking process. As long as everything else matches you will be fine.

jsn55, Neil, AAGK and 1 other person like this.
  3. AMA

AMA

Yes, you'll be fine. I had that same moment of panic when my husband's Aeromexico ticket didn't include his middle name, and it didn't matter.

jsn55 likes this.
  4. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

It's fine. Some airlines don't even have a middle name field on their booking engine.

jsn55 likes this.
  5. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Thank goodness this is a non-issue! I fly to Europe, as well as domestically, with first/last name only on my ticket. So I know my colleagues are right ... you'll be fine.

6. swyeh

Thank you all for your input! We feel much more confident now that we will be able to board the plane in Hong Kong hassle free! We really appreciate your insights and information.

Neil likes this.
  7. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Have a GREAT trip! So glad we could help.

8. CATE

My name and surnames appear inverted in my ticket, aeromexico refuses to correct it with my passport and tells me that I must buy another ticket. lanza castillo, caterina caterina, lanza castillo. There is no common sense. What should I do.

9. VoR61

Advocate

This thread is over a year old. Please open a separate thread so we can help ...