Terrible Experiences long term

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2016
I am not sure what your current problem is and why you need tech support again. Your previous posts say your friend solved all your issues. If you want to reduce your bill without switching to COX, call ATT and ask for the customer retention department. They may be able to work with you to reduce your bill.

As to the fixes your friend made, I am glad the network is now how you want it. There are actually some reasons some of the settings may have been set as they were (ie 2.5 MHz signal will travel farther than a 5Mhz signal, so that might have been setup if you were complaining of weak signal in other rooms). Also, if things with your neighbors change (ie they change the frequency they are using for their networks), your network settings may need tweaking in the future (I would suggest asking your friend for help again if you run into problems).

Last edited:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I can tell you how the "very best and highest level" response is from ATT works. After I reported them to the California Public Utilities Commission for lousy service, I received a call from .... the Office of the President! Imagine my delight that the President of ATT had his assistant call me. We had a lovely conversation, he gave me a credit of $45 (pretty good for 11 years of horrible phone service, huh?) and told me that they were never going to fix/replace the lines up to my house. So at least I knew where I stood, and found a better service provider. But ... I can always call the ATT President's assistant if I need anything else. ATT is absolutely impossible.

Jun 10, 2018
I am not sure what your current problem is and why you need tech support again. Your previous posts say your friend solved all your issues. If you want to reduce your bill without switching to COX, call ATT and ask for the customer retention department. They may be able to work with you to reduce your bill.

As to the fixes your friend made, I am glad the network is now how you want it. There are actually some reasons some of the settings may have been set as they were (ie 2.5 MHz signal will travel farther than a 5Mhz signal, so that might have been setup if you were complaining of weak signal in other rooms). Also, if things with your neighbors change (ie they change the frequency they are using for their networks), your network settings may need tweaking in the future (I would suggest asking your friend for help again if you run into problems).
My friend only resolved my issues at home. As soon as I leave, the trouble starts all over again.

Jun 10, 2018
I know this is unusual for this forum, but my advice is to put this behind you. Based on what your IT friend told you, your problems were with your home wifi network--not with ATT's Uverse service. You did exactly the right thing when you got your technical friend to fix it for you, as this network is your responsibility.

If you pursue this with ATT, you are likely to get an insincere apology and maybe a small bill credit as a goodwill gesture. I doubt ATT will give you more as it doesn''t look like they were responsible for your issues.

You need to decide if this outcome is worth the time and effort of mounting a letter writing campaign.
It’s hard to put it behind me when I’m have medical issues and can’t contact my family :-(

Jun 10, 2018
I can tell you how the "very best and highest level" response is from ATT works. After I reported them to the California Public Utilities Commission for lousy service, I received a call from .... the Office of the President! Imagine my delight that the President of ATT had his assistant call me. We had a lovely conversation, he gave me a credit of $45 (pretty good for 11 years of horrible phone service, huh?) and told me that they were never going to fix/replace the lines up to my house. So at least I knew where I stood, and found a better service provider. But ... I can always call the ATT President's assistant if I need anything else. ATT is absolutely impossible.
The only other provider in town is worse...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
My data speed and wifi are now GREAT at home. Everywhere else, terrible.
But that’s not what your initial post says.

“I’ve also been having problems with my U-verse service since installed in 2011. Have had equipment replaced multiple timed. Had my IT friend over who fixed everything and this is what he found (which I’ve sent to AT&T via chat and multiple phone calls...): ”

So now you say nothing is wrong with your home equipment?

Jun 10, 2018
But that’s not what your initial post says.

“I’ve also been having problems with my U-verse service since installed in 2011. Have had equipment replaced multiple timed. Had my IT friend over who fixed everything and this is what he found (which I’ve sent to AT&T via chat and multiple phone calls...): ”

So now you say nothing is wrong with your home equipment?
Sorry, intermittent cognitive dysfunction. My friend fixed my home U-verse, WiFi, and cellular problems.
Currrent problem- cellular device when not in my home.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Sorry, intermittent cognitive dysfunction. My friend fixed my home U-verse, WiFi, and cellular problems.
Currrent problem- cellular device when not in my home.
But outside your home your connectivity is based on where there is network coverage. I’m not sure what AT and T can do about that. My phone doesn’t always work when I am out of state due to the towers available. I’m not sure why that is AT and T’s problem.

Jun 10, 2018
But outside your home your connectivity is based on where there is network coverage. I’m not sure what AT and T can do about that. My phone doesn’t always work when I am out of state due to the towers available. I’m not sure why that is AT and T’s problem.
Because the coverage map claims good coverage. And I have terrible coverage where I work, hang out, on the way to dr office, etc.
It’s just hopeless. I’ll give up. It’s my whole county and the next one over (I’m in Pensacola, FL). I encounter problems on the rare occasions I can visit family and friends in Birmingham, AL; Atlanta, GA; and Madison, AL. It’s just so frustrating now that timely reliability is really important.

Jul 27, 2016
Because the coverage map claims good coverage. And I have terrible coverage where I work, hang out, on the way to dr office, etc.
It’s just hopeless. I’ll give up. It’s my whole county and the next one over (I’m in Pensacola, FL). I encounter problems on the rare occasions I can visit family and friends in Birmingham, AL; Atlanta, GA; and Madison, AL. It’s just so frustrating now that timely reliability is really important.
Is AT&T also your wireless carrier?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have you checked into another carrier? They all claim good coverage but it depends on where you are and what’s available as far as cell towers.

My wife was ready to go to T-Mobile after we were in Europe with friends and they had better coverage than she had with AT and T. Until her daughter, who lives in Virginia told her that her cell phone won’t work where she lives.

We use AT and T and we constantly have spots we lose reception. Its been that way since we’ve had our phones.

Have you spoken to friends in the area and asked who their carriers are? If the problem is no longer in your house but when you are out- there is little you can do besides changing carriers.

Jun 10, 2018
Is AT&T also your wireless carrier?
Yup. Can’t even post my screen shots right now.
Wireless problems ongoing since I changed from TMobile to get an iPhone in 2007.

U-verse problems seem resolved since my friend fixed them, but I had numerous tech support calls and quite a few tech service visits since my system was installed in 2011.

Was also informed it would be fully fiber optic “soon” in 2011.

Jul 27, 2016
Wireless problems ongoing since I changed from TMobile to get an iPhone in 2007.

U-verse problems seem resolved since my friend fixed them, but I had numerous tech support calls and quite a few tech service visits since my system was installed in 2011.

If you don't have good wireless performance, why not switch wireless carriers? You can keep your wireline services with AT&T.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
I’m not sure who might be less terrible.
It could be the phone also. I recently purchased a new phone and get better reception with the same service. With my old phone, I couldn't get service at all inside my house, with the new one, it works fine. As already been said, it really depends on location. I have T-mobile and there are places even with my new phone where service is spotty.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

We have IPhones and constantly have problems with connectivity- especially in the house.

Have you upgraded your IPhone? You said you got it in 2007.

Jun 10, 2018
It could be the phone also. I recently purchased a new phone and get better reception with the same service. With my old phone, I couldn't get service at all inside my house, with the new one, it works fine. As already been said, it really depends on location. I have T-mobile and there are places even with my new phone where service is spotty.
I’ve been through at least five phones since this fiasco started.

Status
Not open for further replies.