T-MOBILE

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 19, 2016
For a year now T-mobile has been taking advantage last year they tried to charge me for a Samsung Galaxy Note5 replacement they said they didn’t receive it literally took me 6 months arguing almost everyday with then before they said they found it AGAIN in September they said they did not receive my other replacement honestly same model. This time it took me up until just this week before the cooperatend solutions told me thy received it finally on November this time I filed theft report contacted and filed with attorney's enteral they also have been tacking on and adding monies owed and with the state of health i am in it absolutely is taking everything ut of me and making me more I'll having to fight everyday with thmy over I believe is heft on there part and stealing and causing irreparable health issues ND taking so much of my life...time... that I'll never get back pleasend I'm asking for our help they did this as well with my iPhone 6s but that was a insurance thing

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
So at some point you sent in a Samsung Galaxy Note5 for replacement. T-Mobile claimed they didn't get it, then said they found it, then said they didn't get it again, but ultimately got it. You've filed a theft report and contacted your state's attorney general since the company is tacking on late fees.

Is this the gist of it?

My suggestion to you is to get off the phone and write a short, polite email to t-mobile customer service explaining the situation and asking all late fees and penalties be removed from your account. Its important that you email be clear and include relevant information.

For example,

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Xxx and my account number is ####. I returned my Samsung Galaxy Note5 on (date) for (reason) via (method) per (whatever instructions you got). For 6 months t-mobile claimed the phone wasn't received, despite numerous calls trying to resolve the issue. In (month) I received word the phone was found, then again was told it was lost. In September I was told it was once again found, however, my account now has a substantial amount of late fees and penalties because of this.

I returned the phone on (date) per the instructions given to me by (name or agency). I don't know what happened internally at t mobile that caused the phone to go missing, but I upheld my end of the contract. I request all late fees and penalties be immediately removed from my account.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

If you shipped the phone via a method that included tracking, then definitely include that and show the phone as received. There is no need and it won't help to mention your health issues or accuse them of ruining your health. This is a business issue, treat it as such, although you can ask for a month or two of credit due to the inordinate amount of time you've spent trying to resolve this.

Give customer service a week to respond. If not, or they don't respond favorably escalate via the first company contact we have, located at the top of the page in the black bar. Do not email all the executives at once and do not start with the CEO. Either will decrease your chances of a successful resolution.

Best of luck, and let us know of any questions or updates.

Nov 19, 2016
Thank you for the response I have done all of that last year on the first non-return fee they charged me I'm in the amount of $850 I contacted the executive team in Bellevue Washington and after a great great long time I finally progressed and getting the credit adjusted but I was on the phone every day almost every day for 6 months emailing back and forth before anything was resolved that I like to go back and mention these note 5's I've been having issues with them overheating and getting extremely extremely hot So within one year's time I've exchanged 4 and I've been having Samsung Co. doing with this is well but because I do have insurance protection they just keep replacing the phone but I might add that the very first time I had to replace my original Note 5 just two weeks after I purchased it I returned it in the store gave it to one of the employees that's how I was instructed to do it and they never received it at the Texas location they claimed but I fought that battle and with the iPhone 6 they didn't want to do anything because it was stolen on the bus had Police reports showed how I had one close all my banking stuff file for new id cuz my whole purse as stolen nobody wanted to do anything about it and then finally just reduce the price and they gave me not even half of what I paid for my phone been dealing with all these times I've dealt with the executive in the list mentioned above even emailed got John's email and emailed him but of course it goes to the executives listed above butt this time I always send it back in the prepaid box I have my post carrier come pick it up they scan it however they don't have no tracking or they did not have it in the computer as it being delivered to texas meaning it how's that the package as scheduled for pickup but never made it to destination or anything showing on my part so this is when I contacted the police I have everything recorded I even got video surveillance from my condominium complex. I have statement from carrier stating he did infact take it to airport location i have Attorney generals USPS, UPS, FedEx sorry I have all those recordings and I was and I sent it to the executive and it's taking up until this up until November 3rd November 3rd they finally came back to me saying they found it. It was returned November 3rd at Texas location however it was just odd to me that the only time they found it when they when I sent him the video recording audio recording and the attorney general information that's when they immediately said that they had it my issue is communication it's hard for me to type therefore when I talk i talk text the words are mixed up so it does not sound appropriate I don't have anyone helping me in this nor do I know anyone that will help me with this situation and it just seems like when I sent thr proof they get mad or show me theyre gonna get fee one aye or the other and tack on more fees I don't understand like I was I have them I'm recording because in the state of Hawaii no need to inform the other party they are being recorded I do this because of the first experience and I don't want to go that route again once I started really looking at and itemizing my bills I looked and I ask them why is TMobile charging me for the taxes I'm already paying taxes on the TMobile charging me for the same taxes they try to explain it I said that it was not good enough I say that these charges just appeared I've been T-Mobile customer for 10 years and I've never seen any of this and I've asked them about their unlimited data and how I never had to have it on my choice plan especially when I was tethering all of these charges to start of accumulating they say well go ahead and give you credit for this and will give you credit for that the next time I call with a different issuewhoever it may be who answers tells me thsat they just gave me a credit the ither day therefore they I'm not going to be able to credit me again but or a different problem genuine valid issue I feel so if it's ping pong that they play trying to wear the customer out and with this current issue Marcos Chavez the executive of Representative he's the one that said he's going to give me $650 for return but not the full $850 Credit in my account because they miraculously found it in the warehouse I'm thinking since this happened everytime how many phones have not been actually excuse me how many folks have a charge the customers with this saying they can't find it they can't find it it's not right and it's specially all the rest of weekend even though they say that they tracking and that's exactly what happened this time he gave me $650 back vs. 850 I need help dealing with these people this time like I explained in my previous read it took over 6 months for me to get the credits adjusted and redone which they finally did and then for my iPhone 6 they did finally after around the same time to about 6 months with the note 7 of just outdoor out hey have been hanging me 39.99 for 2 months even though i had to return it right when i recieved it cuz of the recall so if wouldnt have been asking them to define eveything on my bill they would probally just continue to keep charging me for the recalled note7 that i personally recorded myself handing it over to the district store manager and havingg him sign a paper stating he took possesion of phone in store but 39.99 for note7 plus the 29.99 for the note5 even though i upgraded but then less then 12hrs of having note7 they recall see what i mean
Someone please explain me get back on track please hen I tell them I'm going to report them they laugh and angry up or I get comments like we have hundreds of lawyers on call. help

Nov 19, 2016
So at some point you sent in a Samsung Galaxy Note5 for replacement. T-Mobile claimed they didn't get it, then said they found it, then said they didn't get it again, but ultimately got it. You've filed a theft report and contacted your state's attorney general since the company is tacking on late fees.

Is this the gist of it?

My suggestion to you is to get off the phone and write a short, polite email to t-mobile customer service explaining the situation and asking all late fees and penalties be removed from your account. Its important that you email be clear and include relevant information.

For example,

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Xxx and my account number is ####. I returned my Samsung Galaxy Note5 on (date) for (reason) via (method) per (whatever instructions you got). For 6 months t-mobile claimed the phone wasn't received, despite numerous calls trying to resolve the issue. In (month) I received word the phone was found, then again was told it was lost. In September I was told it was once again found, however, my account now has a substantial amount of late fees and penalties because of this.

I returned the phone on (date) per the instructions given to me by (name or agency). I don't know what happened internally at t mobile that caused the phone to go missing, but I upheld my end of the contract. I request all late fees and penalties be immediately removed from my account.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

If you shipped the phone via a method that included tracking, then definitely include that and show the phone as received. There is no need and it won't help to mention your health issues or accuse them of ruining your health. This is a business issue, treat it as such, although you can ask for a month or two of credit due to the inordinate amount of time you've spent trying to resolve this.

Give customer service a week to respond. If not, or they don't respond favorably escalate via the first company contact we have, located at the top of the page in the black bar. Do not email all the executives at once and do not start with the CEO. Either will decrease your chances of a successful resolution.

Best of luck, and let us know of any questions or updates.
So the CEO's email goes to the supervisor for the escalations team there in Bellevue Washington I've asked to speak with CEO assistance ND the supervisors assure me they work right next to the CEO and there's no one else.

Nov 19, 2016
So the CEO's email goes to the supervisor for the escalations team there in Bellevue Washington I've asked to speak with CEO assistance ND the supervisors assure me they work right next to the CEO and there's no one else and it's a total of three different fee returns and for the stolen replacement even though I had all insurance protection they compensated for only a fraction of what my phone was.

Nov 19, 2016
It's so much going on its extewmly overwhelming ut when I ask for the compensation for the complete black out in September that they assured me will credit me 15$ they tell me that they looked it up and did not show that I was affected. I took screen shots on my phone of not being able to call out or do anything on my phone one girl said that she looked it up on my tower and it did show that I was affected but then when asked on a later call they tell me they looked again and I will not get that credit I'm being taken advantage for and or targeted help please

Nov 3, 2015
Respectfully, what you've written here is quite difficult to read and comprehend, and I think you're having trouble with a resolution because of that.

Could you please tell us what happened in bullet point format, preferably in chronological order?

Is the Note 6 issue totally resolved? Note 5 issue totally resolved? Note 7? I-phone 6?

What are the outstanding issues beyond the $15 credit for an outage?

If you try to tell us just the facts, in order, we'll try to help you write a letter that can clarify your position and what you're asking for, and, we hope, resolve everything speedily for you.

Please use paragraphs. It makes things much easier to read.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
From what I can understand, you've been offered $650 of the $850 you're owed, and you've already contacted the CEOs office.

My first suggestion is still to try the first executive on our contact list. But please, make your email short and clear like my example. Because right now, no one here can figure out what your problems really are, and we want to help you.

My second suggestion is to drop t-mobile. I assume there are other carriers on island? Why stay with a company that so clearly doesn't value you?

My third suggestion would be to take them to small claims court, but carefully research costs because that may cost more than $200.

@Hawaii, I'm sorry to read about your problem and I realize that this is like locking the barn door after the horse has escaped but maybe others can protect themselves by keeping the following in mind - - I always return electronics for repair, etc., to the company's store if one exists. My phones go to the T-Mobile store or kiosk, my cable box goes to the Cox Communications store. I always get a written receipt and I've never had a problem.

Nov 19, 2016
Thank you, but that's where everything started last year with the FIRST replacement phone.
I gave it directly to a T-MOBILE STORE employee. I handed my defected device to him inside the store only to be horrifically surprised a few months later to see my bill was over a a THOUSAND DOLLARS due to a non return fee of $850 of that particular Note5.
T-mobile told me they never recieved my defected device. When I asked them to pull the security footage from the store, they told me they don't keep footage for more than a week. This is where my year long nightmare begins! THE ONLY TIME THEY STATED THEY HAD RECEIVED MY DEFECTED DEVICE WAS WITH MY NOTE7 THAT WAS RECALLED NATIONWIDE. I LITERALLY HAD THE MANAGER THAT WAS IN CHARGE OF SEVERAL STORES IN HIS AREA SIGN A RETURN RECEIPT ALONG WITH ME RECORDING HIM ACCEPTING / TAKING INTO HIS POSSESSION MY DEFECTED NOTE7.
I'm wondering how often this happens and how many customers just throw up their hands, give in, rather than put up the fight. Because I can say by my own experience, it will take everything out of you, it's literally exhausting and time consuming. IT'S A BRUTAL NIGHTMARE GOING UP AGAINST THIS COMPANY BUT THAT IS MY MONEY THEY ARE TRYING TO STEALING FROM ME.
HOW MANY CUSTOMERS JUST SAY IT'S TOO MUCH OF A HEADACHE TO DISPUTE, DON'T PAY THEIR BILL AND CHANGE COMPANIES AND LET T-MOBILE GET AWAY WITH JUST STEALING AND CHARGING THE CUSTOMERS?

Nov 19, 2016
I must add to my previous post, that was just with the FIRST defective return. I've had to replace 3- THREE Note5 phones within the year. On each separate occasion the same thing happens.

Nov 19, 2016
I'd like to add that I am NOT stupid BUT I can not spell and my grammar is non. It's extremely EXTREMELY hard for me to communicate this way to where it makes sense to another person. I know I was told not to mention that I'm disabled and live alone but that plays a big role in this i believe because I can not effectively communicate with T-mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 19, 2016
Just last month with this 3rd Note5, I sent tmobile ACTUAL SECURITY FOOTAGE from my condominium building, handing package over to the postal carrier. With ticket generated for the pickup. I filed a theft report with the HPD, AG's office was involved, the airport postal location was involved, USPS, UPS, and FEDEX all searched just incase it was picked up by one of them. A written statement from the postal carrier stating he was the one who took my package. When I contacted

Marcos Chavez
Lead, Executive Response
Office of the President/CEO
Desk: 877-290-6323 ext. 341-8073
Email: Marcos.Chavez35@T-Mobile.com
T-Mobile – Fastest Nationwide 4G LTE Network
NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.

Told him about HPD, AG's, theft report, he basically was saying he needed more, something like video of myself handing over my T-Mobile package. That is when I contacted my security and asked to get a copy of the tape. I went through hell getting footage but I did. I emailed footage to Marcos, he kept telling me he did NOT receive anything. After a week of that crap he finally tells me THEY MIRACULOUSLY FOUND MY PHONE but only refunded back a portion of THAT particular non return fee .
It is EXTREMELY COMPLICATED to understand, I know this and I apologize. I need help putting his all together. Sorry

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Techno is right, Hawaii, you definitely need some hands-on help with this mess. I don't understand why you are returning so many phones, just for starters, and I've tried to read everything you've posted. Your case needs to be made crystal clear and the 'help' desk is where you can get that assistance.

Just to be clear regarding George's excellent advice to return things directly to a store, you must obtain a written receipt at the store with full description of the product and full name of the employee who accepted it.

Nov 19, 2016
Thank you for your response. I've had to EXCHANGE my Note5 phones because the first one stopped working. second and third notet5 phones kept over heating and freezing.
I did request a signed and detailed receipt, it was extremely hard to obtain the receipt for the return of the Note7, but eventually the area MANAGER of the t-mobile stores came in and assisted me to where the manager of THAT store refused to provide my request.

May 17, 2016
Thank you for the response I have done all of that last year on the first non-return fee they charged me I'm in the amount of $850 I contacted the executive team in Bellevue Washington and after a great great long time I finally progressed and getting the credit adjusted but I was on the phone every day almost every day for 6 months emailing back and forth before anything was resolved that I like to go back and mention these note 5's I've been having issues with them overheating and getting extremely extremely hot So within one year's time I've exchanged 4 and I've been having Samsung Co. doing with this is well but because I do have insurance protection they just keep replacing the phone but I might add that the very first time I had to replace my original Note 5 just two weeks after I purchased it I returned it in the store gave it to one of the employees that's how I was instructed to do it and they never received it at the Texas location they claimed but I fought that battle and with the iPhone 6 they didn't want to do anything because it was stolen on the bus had Police reports showed how I had one close all my banking stuff file for new id cuz my whole purse as stolen nobody wanted to do anything about it and then finally just reduce the price and they gave me not even half of what I paid for my phone been dealing with all these times I've dealt with the executive in the list mentioned above even emailed got John's email and emailed him but of course it goes to the executives listed above butt this time I always send it back in the prepaid box I have my post carrier come pick it up they scan it however they don't have no tracking or they did not have it in the computer as it being delivered to texas meaning it how's that the package as scheduled for pickup but never made it to destination or anything showing on my part so this is when I contacted the police I have everything recorded I even got video surveillance from my condominium complex. I have statement from carrier stating he did infact take it to airport location i have Attorney generals USPS, UPS, FedEx sorry I have all those recordings and I was and I sent it to the executive and it's taking up until this up until November 3rd November 3rd they finally came back to me saying they found it. It was returned November 3rd at Texas location however it was just odd to me that the only time they found it when they when I sent him the video recording audio recording and the attorney general information that's when they immediately said that they had it my issue is communication it's hard for me to type therefore when I talk i talk text the words are mixed up so it does not sound appropriate I don't have anyone helping me in this nor do I know anyone that will help me with this situation and it just seems like when I sent thr proof they get mad or show me theyre gonna get fee one aye or the other and tack on more fees I don't understand like I was I have them I'm recording because in the state of Hawaii no need to inform the other party they are being recorded I do this because of the first experience and I don't want to go that route again once I started really looking at and itemizing my bills I looked and I ask them why is TMobile charging me for the taxes I'm already paying taxes on the TMobile charging me for the same taxes they try to explain it I said that it was not good enough I say that these charges just appeared I've been T-Mobile customer for 10 years and I've never seen any of this and I've asked them about their unlimited data and how I never had to have it on my choice plan especially when I was tethering all of these charges to start of accumulating they say well go ahead and give you credit for this and will give you credit for that the next time I call with a different issuewhoever it may be who answers tells me thsat they just gave me a credit the ither day therefore they I'm not going to be able to credit me again but or a different problem genuine valid issue I feel so if it's ping pong that they play trying to wear the customer out and with this current issue Marcos Chavez the executive of Representative he's the one that said he's going to give me $650 for return but not the full $850 Credit in my account because they miraculously found it in the warehouse I'm thinking since this happened everytime how many phones have not been actually excuse me how many folks have a charge the customers with this saying they can't find it they can't find it it's not right and it's specially all the rest of weekend even though they say that they tracking and that's exactly what happened this time he gave me $650 back vs. 850 I need help dealing with these people this time like I explained in my previous read it took over 6 months for me to get the credits adjusted and redone which they finally did and then for my iPhone 6 they did finally after around the same time to about 6 months with the note 7 of just outdoor out hey have been hanging me 39.99 for 2 months even though i had to return it right when i recieved it cuz of the recall so if wouldnt have been asking them to define eveything on my bill they would probally just continue to keep charging me for the recalled note7 that i personally recorded myself handing it over to the district store manager and havingg him sign a paper stating he took possesion of phone in store but 39.99 for note7 plus the 29.99 for the note5 even though i upgraded but then less then 12hrs of having note7 they recall see what i mean
Someone please explain me get back on track please hen I tell them I'm going to report them they laugh and angry up or I get comments like we have hundreds of lawyers on call. help
I realize you're upset, but can you please use punctuation? One very, very long sentence is hard to follow.