Southwest Rapid Rewards Partner Points from SPG Hotels

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 10, 2018
On April 12 I stayed at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles, which I selected because Southwest listed SPG hotels as a Rapid Rewards Partner. Since I didn't have my Rapid Rewards card scanned at check-in, I have been trying to get the points awarded after the fact. Two different SPG associates told me, by phone and email, that they are not in fact partners, and haven't been for years. This is in direct contradiction to the information on Southwest's Web site, and which a Southwest rep confirmed on the phone with me this morning. I might have stayed at a cheaper hotel in the area had I known this information was misleading.

I'd like to know first whether SPG is a partner or not. If so, I'd like to be able to get the points for my stay. If not, this verges on false advertising from Southwest--particularly if the information is long out of date. I'd like to know that the site is updated with current information so no one else has this problem in the future.