• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
So after my initial 30 day clock handed out by the debt collection agency expired over the weekend (which I responded to on Friday with the form letter above), I received in today's mail, a letter from them requesting a settlement offer from me to present to their client (Sixt IT)… weird... and with the post moving as slow as it is - this had to have been sent prior to the expiration... Any thoughts...?
I would wait for them to provide verification of the debt before going through any motions to settle. Hopefully you sent it with tracking so you can verifiy they received it.

Reactions: VoR61
Dec 30, 2020
Tomorrow the 7 day deadline I requested of the claims department for a response expires. My plan is to fwd that same note to the head of Sixt Italy (and cc the claims dept) and request a similar 7 day response... Anyone have any thoughts...?

Dec 30, 2020
So the debt collection agency responded over the weekend to my initial response ("I am not responsible for this debt..." - letter posted above) with the following:

"This is a final reminder that your payment in the amount of $1,420.67 is expected to be received by our office, no later than ten calendar days (10) from today: 1/17/2021.

Your prompt response is anticipated.
"

My response (in 10 days) will be to reiterate that "I am not responsible for this debt..." - any thoughts or advise are welcome...

Additionally, over the weekend I fwd'd the e-mail to the claims department (see above in this string) to Michael Meissner (Sixt IT Director) after having received no response from the claims department. I also cc'd Vivian Catellat (Sixt US Customer Service Director) who I had reached out to looking for her equivalent within Sixt IT (though I received no response from her)… If I don't receive a response from Mr. Meissner by this coming Saturday, I think the next e-mail, and last stop, will be to Erich Sixt CEO... let me know if any adjustments are recommended....

Dec 30, 2020
Thanks for the feedback Neil - will do. And yes - I'm requesting a response within 7 days and am waiting 7 days between e-mails up the chain...

Dec 30, 2020
So I woke up this morning to the following e-mail:

"Dear Mr. Kellams,

Thanks for your E-mail which was forwarded to me and we first apologize for the inconvenience caused after your drop-off.

We´ve decided to close the case after we reconsidered all circumstances and your detailed explanation.

As we are trying to get better each day to reach the fullest customers´ satisfaction we appreciate your feedback according to our pick-up / drop-off processes which will be checked as well.

You´ll receive another system generated confirmation that the case was closed within the next days.

Please reach out to me directly in case of further doubts or questions regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Nicole Ambrosius"

Additionally I received Nicole's direct contact info which I'm happy to add to Elliott's database:

Nicole Ambrosius
Senior Manager Damage BENELUX & Italy / Berlin office
Sixt GmbH & Co. Autovermietung KG
Grubenstraße 27
18055 Rostock
E-Mail: [email protected]
Tel.: +49 (0) 381 8070 – 3914

And finally, I'm happy to make a donation to this forum if there's a mechanism to do so...

Thanks to all for your help!