1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

SIM card advice

Discussion in 'Cell phones' started by elyse, Feb 6, 2017.

1. elyse

Hi. I am currently living in China, but I travel to the US a few times a year. I am usually in the US for a 1 week, 2 week or 1 month stay.

I recently bought an unlocked iPhone, but now I need help to be able to use it in America. I believe my first step is to get a SIM card and then a pay as you go plan. Is that correct? Are there any other options? Which company should I use? Any advice?

Thanks,
    Elyse

2. Christina H

I would suggest that you look at tmobile pay as you and compare it to others

Patina and krisseye like this.
  3. krisseye

I second the T-Mobile suggestion. My husband is a tech geek and did a ton of research and the T-Mobile prepaid plan is what we have. It's not obvious on their website. He said he had to click through a lot of stuff to get to it. Basically they want you to sign up for a more expensive plan.

Patina likes this.
  4. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

google "America and pay as you go cell" there are a lot of carriers. Second step would be to contact the carrier of your choice and ask if you phone would work with them.

5. Rozanne Polansky

I took my unlocked Apple phone to an ATT store and got a SIM, internet, unlimited US calls and 250 min to Israel. Advantage of doing this in the country you are visiting is that you know the phone works before you leave the store

jsn55 likes this.
  6. Christina H

I have friends that visit the us and the T-Mobile has the longest lasting credits, important if one wants to have the same number all year. But the plans and terms change often so it is best to check the websites

jsn55 likes this.