Shower fell on feet

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 17, 2017
How far up the executive chain did you go for that response?
I went as far as I could.
GM was transferred at the 1st of December month. There was no body as GM till 1 Jan 2018.
The Chief of Operation was interim GM. There was no one above it.
I have a limit. Because every hotel has same staff arrangement.

Dec 17, 2017
I have got reply from same person chief of rooms (which I kinda worried of)

"
Thank you very much for staying with us and for reaching out to our Customer Care Centre.

Again we would like to express our sincerest apologizes for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

As we have spoken prior to your departure together with our Director of Operations and myself, we are unable to provide any additional compensation as we already have compensated you prior your departure with the following:

- 5 % Discount of your room rate for the whole duration of your stay

- 8 hours complimentary Limousine Service

- 3500 Baht Credit on F&B Service

We also have offered you medical assistance after you have reported which you have declined.

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if we can assist further."

Dec 17, 2017
I think they knew some how, that I will reach to customer support.
Now whats next?
I already denied to go their doctor because the reasons I mentioned in my first post.

Dec 17, 2017
Okay.

But what should I write about in mail? And under listed contact there is CEO contact. I mean I dont have that good writing skill? I mean I going top of the chain.
I cant write long essay, but I would like to say him about those executives, back at hotel.

More over this excuse of "I did not go for medical assistant offered by them" is just a lame thing to avoid any more issue to deal with.What should I do about it?

Just need fair justice. nothing else. As I paid 250 USD per day just for shower to fell on my left feet.

Jan 6, 2015
Okay.

But what should I write about in mail? And under listed contact there is CEO contact. I mean I dont have that good writing skill? I mean I going top of the chain.
I cant write long essay, but I would like to say him about those executives, back at hotel.

More over this excuse of "I did not go for medical assistant offered by them" is just a lame thing to avoid any more issue to deal with.What should I do about it?

Just need fair justice. nothing else. As I paid 250 USD per day just for shower to fell on my left feet.
I offered you a suggested email in a previous post:

http://forum.elliott.org/threads/shower-fell-on-feet.7344/#post-75103

You can use that and add to the end your requested compensation (refund for the three days during which you were injured).

Dec 17, 2017
Do you went all the way up to the CEO using our contacts?
No I did not. I just emailed customer support only. And they sent it to hotel executive. Hotel executives are already in denial, I got the same response as I mentioned above.
Now I want to continue up to chain from "company contacts" There customer support email and than Social media and CEO email.
So I am kind of dilemma, as what to do.CEO?

Jan 6, 2015
Yes I know. I used the same in customer support. But it turned down to hotel staff.
So just asking that same format should I be using?
Yes, I would use the same format. An executive (start at the lowest level possible) may be more inclined to compensate you. I would state that your mobility was very limited by this accident, so they better understand your request request ...

Dec 17, 2017
Yes, I would use the same format. An executive (start at the lowest level possible) may be more inclined to compensate you. I would state that your mobility was very limited by this accident, so they better understand your request request ...
To be honest I am not very good at writing in professional language.
And any suggestion whom do I contact through email from contact list?
There is only customer support and CEO email address.

Apr 10, 2017
To be honest I am not very good at writing in professional language.
And any suggestion whom do I contact through email from contact list?
There is only customer support and CEO email address.
Post a rough draft of your letter on here and we will be happy to help you with wording and structure.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I gave you the process on the first page:

You need to do the letter writing. We have company contacts on top of our pages- go to hotels and get the Marriott email contacts. Yes you should give them your membership number and hotel info. You must tell them just what you told us.

Start at Customer Service and give them a week to reply. If you don’t hear from them or they don’t help, write to the first executive we have listed. Repeat weekly going up the executive chain if you have to.

Dec 17, 2017
Hello,

I know its been a while but I haven't took step as I couldn't find contact of authority lower than CEO. I did applied to customer service and they send back it hotel and got same answer from Chief of room service.
So I decided to take one step more. But can't find a contact which is above to support, even on this site.
Moreover I lost the proof of pic but it took time for me to recover itself.

Please help; to whom should I mail?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018
The Marriott contacts are here: http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/marriott/. As Neil advised, start with Shannon Patterson, the listed primary contact. There's no email listed, but you could try the email protocol listed for the CEO: shannon.patterson@marriott.com. If that doesn't work, send the letter by mail, with tracking, so you know she's received it. If you haven't heard back from Shannon Patterson after a week (a week after the tracking notice shows it's been delivered, if you send the letter by mail), then send your message to Arne Sorenson at arne.sorenson@marriott.com.

Dec 17, 2017
Hello,

I did the same. I sent email to S.Patterson. After I sent email , i received an email from Jennifer Douchey (Account Manager at Marriott International).
-She said that "Your email Shannon Patterson has been referred to me for a response." and there is some apologies and concerning words.
- "Per Mr. Marriott’s direction each service incident that occurred on property is forwarded to the individual hotel for a response and determination on compensation. This serves as a training tool for each hotel, in order to improve on any service or product failures. Our office acts as a liaison between our guests and the hotel, ensuring all concerns are addressed in an appropriate manner"
-I have contacted senior leadership of the hotel for review and response. Please allow three business days for further contact. In the meantime if there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Now that was from Jennifer.

Today I received email from "Thomas Christiansen" and said that he has just joined the team here at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit.

And mail goes ahead,
I understand from our team that both our Director of Operations as well as Director of Room were both in constant contact with you throughout your stay and did everything possible to assist you in all matters.

Below compensation was also offered and given to your goodself as well as any medical assistance which you declined.

- 5 % Discount of your room rate for the whole duration of your stay
- 8 hours complimentary Limousine Service
- 3500 Baht Credit on F&B Service
- 1490 Baht credit on Laundry Service

I regret to inform you that we are unable to provide any additional compensation Here is the email finished by thomas.

Now this 3500 Baht F&B==> was in the part reservation , as I was eligible to get 1000 Baht per-day.
1490 baht laundry services. ==> per day two piece of laundry was complimentary.
5% Discount on room rate==> was already determined after first time shower fell.
Complimentary Limousine==> As I know they did that immediately after I said that " I have lost trust on brand and asked them " Do I need to switch hotel?"

Well I am quite on angry on them. As they think repeating same thing again and again will setup in my mind like a child.

At first I thought to brag it on Social media, but its just not sophisticated way to point out the mistake and incidents.

I mean "Seriously, do they treat everyone who is not gold or platinum" ?
I really appreciate their copy-paste skill.
At this point I just want to say bluntly whats going on. But again, its not me to play childish way/copy paste way. I like to be tactical and would like to go by different angle which they have not seen coming. And as a result of it, they must have to go deeper. and ignore this copy paste mail..

Please I request anybody's help??

Feb 24, 2018
If you're dissatisfied, send a message to Arne Sorenson. Include the portion above where you explain why each level of "compensation" isn't satisfactory and be sure to include what you'd like to receive as compensation. What have you been asking for? Maybe it's too much for them to consider and we can help you find an acceptable-to-Marriott compensation.